Tron: Uprising

Everything else
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Tron: Uprising

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I heard about this a while back; finally caught up on it, and I have to say, it's damn impressive. The visual style, animation, plot, acting and cast are fantastic. At first, I thought it was just pretty cool, but as the season progressed, I think it's great.

Bruce Boxleitner as Tron, Elijah Wood as his protege, fighting the resistance against Clu (Fred Tatasciore doing an amazing Jeff Bridges impersonation), Lance Henricksen as the primary antagonist (General Tesler), Paul Reubens as his henchman... The cast is incredible, and I look forward to it every week.

The only issue I have so far is the brevity of the episodes; at 22 minutes or so, sometimes they have to cram in a lot of story quickly, but otherwise, it's shaping up to be one of the best new series of the year, animated or not.

It's set between the original Tron and Tron: Legacy and so far has filled in some of the missing time; I can see threads emerging in the arc that will hopefully explain how Tron got in the condition he was in in Legacy, and how Clu took control over the entire Grid.

I hope it runs for a while, because it's definitely got my attention.

The series so far.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939