Out of phase suffocation

Everything else
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Out of phase suffocation

Post by Teaos »

While watching a episode of SG-1 there was a episode where they got out of phase again and one of the character commented that they would starve to death of need a drink soon.

Surely the more pressing demand would be breathing? They rae out of phase with matter so they can walk through things (Apart from floors as usual) yet they breath, if some how they wernt out of phase with air... wouldnt they be able to breath or speak into the ears of people and tell them whats happening.

I know its a ploy point we are supposed to ignore, but I found it funny they mention the food/water issue only to ignore the air issue.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Out of phase suffocation

Post by McAvoy »

Same series, the first Wormhole Extreme episode (a show based on the SG-1 which is based on the movie...) one of the actors asked the producers that if they are out of phase and can walk through walls, what is stopping them from falling through the ground. A few moments of pause and they said they will get back to her.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

With the floor issue... When Gordie and Roe are able to go through walls etx, they not only walk on the floor, but also able to ride the lifts. Apparently the Y access is not affected. Inirtia also applies as ship change in direction/speed does not matter.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I get what Teaos is saying... TNG ignored the issue altogether, while SG1 mentioned one aspect but ignored another. There is so much wrong with the depiction of this "out of phase" nonsense that it almost boggles discussion. Take a look at the TNG "cure" - bombardment with anions... which are particles which should likewise be out of phase with the targets and thus likewise unable to interact with them.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer