SyFy TV shows...

Everything else
Jim
Captain
Captain

SyFy TV shows...

Post by Jim »

So, are there two warring factions at SyFy Corporate when it comes to Original Series productions? It seems like someone over there keeps trying to come up with shows... but someone else is doing their best to destroy them.

Eureka, haven, Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 all had great starts and looked to be quite good... but then the writing and presentation of all of them took a left turn and they have all become rather... not that good. SGU failed even though it was hot on the heals of two quite entertaining SG shows. Alphas dropped the ball bad. Monsterman is just bad, period. Lost Girl is still okay, but it is slipping. It seems like they are more interested in showing Anna Silk in as little clothing as possible as opposed to producing an entertaining show. I figure a few more episodes at this rate and it will be relatively unwatchable.

They have such great ideas but it just seems like someone inside the company keeps pulling the rug out...

On a side note... how can the call Being Human and Original Series when it is a direct copy of the BBC series?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: SyFy TV shows...

Post by Mikey »

#1 - I agree 100% with the idea that there is a good, sometimes great, idea machine for series... combined with a quickly-weakening ongoing writing team. I've never been a regular viewer of Eureka, but most of the rest (including Warehouse 13, which I loved at first) jumped the shark very quickly.

#2 - Lost Girl was, IMHO, never very good at all and was always just an excuse to show some tight clothes.

#3 - Being Human (much like the American remake of Skins on whatever channel) can be called "an original series" because it's new production and screenplays. It's not very forthright, but it's at least not completely dishonest technically.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

BTW... for anyone that watches Lost Girl at all... Anna Silk is 38 year old... If only all 38 year old women looked like that... (I am 39, hence the connection)
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Shows usually have great plots and series arcs, then TV executives come in and say

*Explosions
*Boobs
*Explosions
*Technobabble
*Battle
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.