Terra Nova

Everything else
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Terra Nova

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Brannon Braga, ladies and gentlemen.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Maybe they will have him as a guest star soon and kill him. We would then cheer this as one of the best series ever.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Brannon Braga, ladies and gentlemen.
"Well, we already had the dinosaurs... ummmm... maybe... how 'bout... er... amnesia virus? Yeah, that's it!"

*EDIT* How exactly does it happen that Brannon Braga has a show on the air and Joss Whedon doesn't have about 15?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:
"Well, we already had the dinosaurs... ummmm... maybe... how 'bout... er... amnesia virus? Yeah, that's it!"

*EDIT* How exactly does it happen that Brannon Braga has a show on the air and Joss Whedon doesn't have about 15?
"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'm not even much of a Whedon fan and I agree with that.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

I liked this last one because the problem wasn't the focus. The story wasn't about dealing with the "birds". It was about the people, the problem was just serving as a form of pressure to drive the story. I mean hell, they didn't even bother to show the two vital parts of dealing with the problem, capturing a pair of the creatures and then the actual pheromone dispersal. Both happened as background events.

I know these points were made but I'm going to repeat them, glad the son was shown being punished for his stupidity, and glad for the way the dad handled the ex-boyfriend. Nice bit of reality for the former and good avoidance of the usual angsty love drama for the latter.

Also liked the dad's reaction to "How do you know if a boy likes you."

Too bad solider boy proved to be worthless. Should have worn his damn helmet.

Next week though...amnesia virus, really? Time travel and dinosaurs and a hidden rogue colony and a crazy genius missing son aren't enough? I fear the angsty love drama we avoided this episode is going to show up in the next one. "You're my wife, we have 3 kids, I love you."
"...yeah, sorry, who are you again?"
*sob*

Though who knows, I wasn't expecting them to handle the ex-boyfriend like they did, maybe they'll handle this differently.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Mikey wrote:

Let Braga have his small potatoes. Whedon is busy with the Avengers movie.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'd rather have one long running and great TV show than a single great movie.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Tyyr wrote:I'd rather have one long running and great TV show than a single great movie.
I second that.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Young girl in the latest episode is very reminiscent of Newt. Theres a piece of background music that I think has been used before but I can't place it.

Also - "I'm in the initial stages of courting your daughter" is not a good line to use on someone carrying a gun.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, given the situation it is the absolute best way to put that.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That guy bugged me because that was incredibly formal. Even though his excuse is that CO said so, I doubt he meant to be like that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Fuck yes he did. If Colonel Fucking Quaritch tells you that you are going to be a gentleman and court a lady you are damn well going to be a gentleman to a T and court her lest he rip your balls off and use you as allosaur bait because he wants a new end table for his bedroom set.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

In that case...

Kidding aside, I like the Colonel and the beard.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Tyyr wrote:Fuck yes he did. If Colonel Fucking Quaritch tells you that you are going to be a gentleman and court a lady you are damn well going to be a gentleman to a T and court her lest he rip your balls off and use you as allosaur bait because he wants a new end table for his bedroom set.
:laughroll:

I did like his table.

And I actually like that soldier. He is unique and its a nice different, not annoying like know-it-all-but-really-don't.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.