Other
No votes

Total votes: 41
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Zombie Invasion

Post by alexmann »

If there was a zombie invasion which 3 weapons would you pick. Imagine you had an unlimited supply of fuel and ammo.
Last edited by alexmann on Tue May 31, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Zombie Invasion

Post by stitch626 »

I select shotgun, specifically the AA12.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'd go for a series of weapons, staged for closer and closer engagement - grenades (by which I mean a Mk 19), assault rifle, and finally shotgun. I don't imagine the second and third will be required, but as the old saying goes, there's no such thing as overkill.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'd go with the same idea, but starting at a closer engagement envelope. Assault rifle (probably an HK417 - big round, reliable, more accurate than an AK) followed by a shottie (18" or 20" bbl, pump, 12 ga., improved cylinder, 000 or 0000 buck and bean bags) and finally a handgun - depending on the nature of the zombies, either a Ruger Super RedHawk chambered in .454 Casull (the only big-game cal revolver that has a 6-round cylinder,) Glock 32C, or HK45 (chambered for the .45 Super.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Seem's like the shotgun is popular.
ImageImage
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, if you want to blow something to pieces at close range then your best bet is a shotgun, especially since it also has a large amount of stopping power so even if it isn't destroyed, it'll be pushed back at least long enough to kill it with something else.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

It would be good for taking down big groups of zombies rather quickly
ImageImage
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

alexmann wrote:It would be good for taking down big groups of zombies rather quickly
Not really. While shotguns have a wider area of effect than most weapons, it isn't wide enough to take down large groups with one shot. In this case, they'd be more useful because they'd be able to do a lot more widespread damage to a zombie than bullets - very important, since they would presumably not be vulnerable to single points of failure, or shock, in the way humans are, so you'll have to a) concentrate on physically destroying their ability to move and harm you and b) knock them down.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Only a semi-automatic or full auto shotgun would be, otherwise they would overwhelm you too quickly. Remember, most shotguns you only get a few shots until you have to reload which takes a while and zombies aren't that slow, so after you've unloaded all your rounds you will most likely be overwhelmed unless you have guaranteed cover to hide behind.
The world ended

alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Nickswitz wrote:Only a semi-automatic or full auto shotgun would be, otherwise they would overwhelm you too quickly. Remember, most shotguns you only get a few shots until you have to reload which takes a while and zombies aren't that slow, so after you've unloaded all your rounds you will most likely be overwhelmed unless you have guaranteed cover to hide behind.
:D Full Auto Shotgun :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :takecover:
ImageImage
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Nickswitz wrote:Only a semi-automatic or full auto shotgun would be, otherwise they would overwhelm you too quickly.
That's what the Mark 19's for - cut them done to size a bit before they enter range for small arms.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

DIE ZOMBIES!
ImageImage
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

A machete never runs out of ammo...... :happydevil:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

It also requires you be within 5 feet of the zombie... Something I would much rather not be.
The world ended

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

alexmann wrote:
Nickswitz wrote:Only a semi-automatic or full auto shotgun would be, otherwise they would overwhelm you too quickly. Remember, most shotguns you only get a few shots until you have to reload which takes a while and zombies aren't that slow, so after you've unloaded all your rounds you will most likely be overwhelmed unless you have guaranteed cover to hide behind.
:D Full Auto Shotgun :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :takecover:
The AA12 full auto shotgun with loadable armor piercing and ridiculous range (with long range ammo).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.