The Walking Dead

Everything else
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Tyyr »

Secure from rampaging walkers? Sure. However the bar for security with Romero style walkers is pretty damn low. However short of breaking out a few thousand bags of quikcrete I just don't see how they can secure the prison from attack by other humans. Prisons are designed to keep me inside them, men without any tools while being watched over, carefully, by lots of well armed guards. Their problem is now well armed men with tools getting into the prison and they don't have the man power to post lots of guards and the terrain around the prison is conducive to getting in close to it which means your lookouts are really just going to be the first casualties of an attack.

I just don't see how the prison is any more secure from a Governor raid than Woodbury. Wait till dark, bring some wire and bolt cutters and you can be in the prison proper in minutes. I'd rather have a nice bed to sleep in all things considered.

You do bring up a good point about home turf though. Rick's group owns the prison. Bringing the refugees there puts them psychologically on the defensive. The yard is also a good place to grow crops as it takes a surprisingly small amount of space to raise enough food to feed one person well, if you're willing to eat a lot of potatoes. I still like Woodbury as it's a real town, a place people live instead of a prison with minimal privacy and the ever present reminder that you're in a prison.

I REALLY wanted Milton to join the group. Really, really, really wanted him to join the group. A guy like him would have added a great dynamic and brought a great question to so many discussions, why? Andrea herself, I still think she was naieve and had a great many failures but seeing them through the lens of wanting to save anyone and not having anyone else die makes them more tragic than anything. Previously she just seemed like an idiot. They probably should have done more to hint at her not wanting anyone to die.

I hope they don't bring the governor back right away. They've got a big can of worms to deal with right now and the governor is the kind of thing to bring back after you've got some normalacy back. Have the first half of season four be them turning the prison into something livable and nice ala the comics. Grow crops, sort out their issues, have things looking up. Then bring the threat of the governor back in the second half of season four. Have it build, not right in your face but have some hints. Maybe one of the survivors is found dead with one eye missing. Then with a couple episodes left in the season, "He's BAAAaaacck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

You cant really stop them getting through the outter fence and into the yard, bolt cutters and you can be through both outter fences in under a minute.

But the prison block? Easy to defend. Block the outter door into the prison by locking them and then sealing them with stuff infront on them. Big Heavy shit that it doesnt matter how much you push, you aint getting through. Then leave only 2 doors that can be opened. Keep them locked, have a way to bar them at night, and then keep all the other hundred door in the prison closed. No one is getting to your group in a hurry with out making a shit load of noise. You dont even need to keep the people inside canne dup like prisoners, just choose your living area and main hallways wisely.

And with all the extras, look outs and door guards would be more than easily managed.

So now the only threat is people being picked off while out in the yard. And you'll never be fully through with that threat no matter what. and considering how many people they have, how well armed they are, no one is probably going to try to mess with them, if anything most would want to join them. The Gov is the only enemy now and I would rather be in the prison than Woodbury that he knows well.

Woodbury... well its still safe, keep the baracades up and they might be able to move there in a few months if they choose to, if nothing else they can raid it for a lot of supplies and stuff to make the Prison a lot nicer to live in.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

New season and a new disease, some sort of hemoragic fever by the looks of it.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Which is going to be a bigger threat than walkers. They've got the walker situation pretty much under control but with a mid 19th century tech level disease will be a huge issue, and anyone who dies becomes a walker. The smart thing to do is throw someone in a cell the second they so much as cough.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Second episode.

Just have everyone lock the cells and night then shout out a roll call in the morning. Not much change in life style. The thing is with a small population, once the disease has run its coarse, its done.

Also why dont they build more of those wooden baracades they have by the fence? They seem towork great and they have a shit load of trees near by, I cant imagin they are to hard or long to make. The fence line seems to be about 200m all up, but they could do like 5-10m a day.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well I don't think anyone wants to be locked in if the shit hits the fan. So you might have issues getting people to agree with it. It is the sensible thing to do though. Honestly living in that world I'd sleep in the cell with the door locked and several guns in easy reach.

In case of this bug they need to spread people out. The less contact between them the better.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You can give them their own keys, Walkers wouldn't be able to use them so it wouldn't matter.

But yeah I'd spread out, hell I'd spread out anyway for privacy, Glenn and Maggie are the only ones with any sort of privacy.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

And I seriously doubt they're the only ones fucking.

If I had to pick I'd go with a cell upstairs, set off away from everyone.

The problem with keys is that's not how most prisons work. They're controlled from a remote guard station, have been for a long time.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

But that kid was said to have locked himself in and only his cell was locked, so this seems to be an older prison.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Must have missed that, and that would make this a REALLY old prison.

I take that back, this might not have been as high security as some. Most of what I know is from old prisons the equivalent of todays super max.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

New Walking Dead. Epic.

First episode started off slow but its setting up a story. But this episode was epic. I think Glenns journey will be the best.