The Walking Dead

Everything else
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Tyyr »

Certainly, you add Woodbury, the soldiers, Rick's group, Tyrese's group, Backpack guy, and all together and you've got over 100 people. Live in Woodbury and you've got a stable, well defended area that you can start to push out from. Instead a combination of personal ambition and mistrust has completely fucked it all and in the end probably half of the people involved will wind up dead with the survivors vastly worse off than they are.

My money is on most everyone surviving the rest of the season. Mostly because AMC's blurbs indicate that the war itself won't happen this season.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I bet on Woodbury being over run and destroyed while the Governor and his guys are out trying to screw with Rick. Our main group will loose two people to be replaced by new people, maybe Tyreses group. They leave the prison in favor of something safer, or further away.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I dunno about Tyrese, maybe, but the trailer makes it look like he's ratting out Andrea to the Governor. His whole group looks to be siding pretty hard with the governor.

I'm wondering about the direction the show will take. In the comics they eventually have to leave the prison and in the comics its a much better place than it is in the show. I think there's a good chance that we could see another herd come along and wipe out Woodbury and then come towards the prison, using the attack by the governor to help breach the place. Then you have the gov's forces and Rick's all fighting and eventually having to focus more on the zombies. I strongly suspect that Herschel will buy it, maybe Merle, and as much as I hate to say it Beth might even be on the chopping block. However I think that in the escape from the herd they'll likely pick up Andrea again, maybe Milton and Martinez and Tyrese.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I just cant see a logical way for the prison to be over run by walkers, It has so many layers of defence they can fall back behind a dozen different unbreachable gates.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

They've already shown it with Tyrese's group though. They were able to walk right into the prison from the backside where it had taken damage. On several occasions they've discussed how the prison is still not secure. They've got some fall back positions but they could easily become trapped in them if a big group go it. Also, nothing says things are going to stay how they are with the prison. That's how it went down in the comics. They actually were completely secure in it and then something happened that opened it back up to the dead.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I just watched the previous episode where they went back to the hometown.

I liked the traps. Great idea. Set those up in front of Woodbury would work very well. Just go out every day to clear the traps while have hunting parties. Soon or later the area will be cleared.

It was a also a point of discussion that for me and a friend that walkers are thought of as things. She pointed out she can see the survivors thinking them as things but we the audience shouldn't. Of course it is a TV show, but it is a good point. Any walker can be one of 'us', a father or mother, a son, a daughter. Someone who had dreams of their own but just had a really bad day.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Woodbury did have that pit we saw them catch those walkers in for the cage matches.

Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

McAvoy wrote:I just watched the previous episode where they went back to the hometown.

I liked the traps. Great idea. Set those up in front of Woodbury would work very well. Just go out every day to clear the traps while have hunting parties. Soon or later the area will be cleared.

It was a also a point of discussion that for me and a friend that walkers are thought of as things. She pointed out she can see the survivors thinking them as things but we the audience shouldn't. Of course it is a TV show, but it is a good point. Any walker can be one of 'us', a father or mother, a son, a daughter. Someone who had dreams of their own but just had a really bad day.
I'm not so sure about that, what made them us is gone, just because they move does not change that.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I do wonder if I could kill my Dad or brother if they turned though...

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Exactly. We look at it from the view it is just a show. Hershel was thinking the same thing.

I made for an interesting conversation. Look at a walker, its brain dead and everything made it human is gone. But it had a life at one point.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've been considering that from day one on this show. "I'm sorry this happened to you..."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Saw the latest episode finally. Good setup for the eventual battle. I liked how in the beginning Rick didn't disarm.

Andrea is a full blown retard. Got everyone saying how bad the Governor is and now Hershel said it. She hears a list of bad things Governor has done and yet stays. Hopefully she is there not to fix things but a just in case shit goes south and needs to take out the Governor.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah, at times they're zombies but then the show sometimes has something about them that makes me pause and think, "Who did they used to be? How did this happen to them? What kind of horror was their last moments?"

Andrea is caught between a rock and a hard place. In Woodbury you're really only dealing with the governor being a complete prick. His enforcers aren't great but with Martinez we can see they aren't complete assholes. Meanwhile there are 60+ people in Woodbury who just see it as a home and who aren't raging psychopathes, probably. She feels connected to those people and that they need a leader. Then there's Rick's group who are living in a shithole and hate her guts. Kind of a bad place to be.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Dipose the Govenor and bring her old group in. Problem solved.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Andrea is stuck because she is stupid. She wants a resemblance of a normal life which is what Woodbury is but, in reality that is somewhat thin veneer. She has been hearing all the bad stuff about the Governor and I bet she has a feeling he is lying to her. At least with her old group she knew where she stood.

If there is a motive behind her staying in Woodbury it hasn't been revealed yet.

I think Andrea is the most hated character now. The Governor is hated because that is who he is, Andrea is hated because of her stupid actions.