Mage : The Ascension - Nerd Technomage

Everything else
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mage : The Ascension - Nerd Technomage

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Hi there,

I am finally getting my first piece of action in a year and going to join a game of Mage : The Ascension here in Quebec. The GM wants to have the game get going quickly, and makes us starts with good amount of power and things to spend on freebies.

I decided to play what I know; a video game nerd. Well, a video game nerd who works in high-tech weapon system development, so still some practicala application. I don't want to make a character who will have an impressive weaponry array, as I don't want to be too.. err... vulgar in my display of what is impossible. However, I will be more than happy to make modifications and improvement (ex: micro-portal at the exit side of a gun, which exists point-blank in mooks' heads).

The WoD rule system allows me to pick up retainers, allies, contacts, etc... I already talked with my GM, and he allowed me to have a special retainer: an AI. I plan to change my car to have it be controlled by said AI, and I plan to have a whole array of system all AI-controlled. I hope to have the AI become
a valuable NPC that the rest of the team will like, so they could even want to fight for its existence in case it will get threatened. For now, I decided to call it "SkyNet" for fun.

For sure, my GM told me he'd kill my character if I call it "KITT". I agreed, but to get revenge, my car will be a DeLorean.

Now, I need your inputs on ideas. I need technogadgets. Anything that is remotely scientsy. I already proposed the idea of a "Tricorder" that is inspired of Star Trek, that can scan for.. well, pretty much anything I want. Bio-signs, architecture weaknesses, energy reading. Yhea, it's a magic scanner.

I will have an occular implant that can take pictures and, as a defense system, make a sudden bright light more powerful than a Flash bomb. I have no idea where in the Sci-Fi realm this idea comes from. If you have a suggestion, I'd be happy to include it.

I will have a quantum computer strapped on my arm. Yhea, a Pip-Boy. Since I'll be a technician/hacker, it makes sense.

I plan maybe to robotise my character's Warhammer 40K army to have mini robotic Space Marines running around and causing infiltration.

But people, I am all ears if you have sci-fi inspired ideas of fancy technological toys, concepts and the like. Be it Video Games, Novels, Movies or Live-action serie. I want in the creative and pop-culture reference 8)
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Re: Mage : The Ascension - Nerd Technomage

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

No other nerd can support me on that one? :oops:

:cry: