Lost - The End

Everything else
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Lost - The End

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, here we are. The six year long journey is now complete. The epic struggle between good and evil came to an end this morning at 5AM GMT.

So, what did you guys think?

I'll have to wait until 9PM to see it, which means avoiding large parts of the internet due to the possibility of spoilers. :(
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Lost - The End

Post by Tyyr »

Neo-BSG ending. 50% good stuff, 50% ass.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Tyyr wrote:Neo-BSG ending. 50% good stuff, 50% ass.
Short and to the point - I agree with you
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:Neo-BSG ending. 50% good stuff, 50% ass.
I don't even watch the show regularly and I figured that would be the type of reaction people would give it.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It's an incredibly clear distinction I think. The Island proper events came to a satisfying conclusion. The side-verse stuff was total shit.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm just after watching it myself. I think, overall, I enjoyed it. The events on the Island reached an excellent conclusion. The events in the alternate world....not so much, but still alright. Also, the score was excellent.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I was totally satisfied, personally. Of course, I watched it again today, so I was able to re-analyze it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I think that the events on the island were handled well and I really enjoyed that part of it.

I think events in the side-verse were absolute ass. The ending utterly invalidated every bit of it and made it half a season of pointless filler. You learn nothing new about the characters because the people who land at LAX on Oceanic 815 aren't the same people who crashed on the island. Different lives, different choices, different people. And anything you might have considered to be learned was wiped out when the moments of recognition happened as the side-verse character was replaced with the main universe character. You didn't learn anything about the main story you'd spent the last five seasons watching as it had absolutely nothing to do with the island or anything happening on it at all. So in the end you learn nothing about the characters, you learn nothing about the story, it's just half a season of filler so you can have a cast reunion at the end and send everyone off to heaven. In the end it didn't mean dick, and in a series where even the book props that people are holding have sub-text that's unforgivable.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You've got a point there. Most of the flash-sideways bits turn out to be pretty pointless once people snap back to their "real" minds. And after that it's just a way of getting all the cast in one place together again. Still, I enjoyed seeing them all meeting back up again, and those bits had some excellent scoring on them.

On another note, somehow I just knew that Hurley would be the one left to take care of the Island at the end of it all.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:On another note, somehow I just knew that Hurley would be the one left to take care of the Island at the end of it all.
Uzume and I both said the same thing. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Here's a review of the lost - The End by some one who's never watched lost (supposedly) - but its funny

http://techland.com/2010/05/24/the-lost ... st-before/
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Interesting. He would've undoubtedly enjoyed it even more had he watched the rest of the show. :wink:
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So as somebody who dropped out after about a dozen episodes... what the hell is the thing about the island? Is it a magic island, aliens, or what?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Basically, (and I mean very basically) some people lived and some died. The final battle on the island was between good & evil and some people got off the island. The end.

Flash sideways was all the people living in some kind of after/inbetween life - waiting - for want of a better word - yet time meant nothing in that world - until they were all ready to "move on" - Dawkins knows what it means but thats it.........
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

GrahamKennedy wrote:So as somebody who dropped out after about a dozen episodes... what the hell is the thing about the island? Is it a magic island, aliens, or what?
Yeah, they never answer that.