Lost - The End

Everything else
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Lost - The End

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The light at the "heart" of the island kinda suggests a religious answer, but they never clarify it at all.

Lots of stuff in the air at the end, which I actually like a lot.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

GrahamKennedy wrote:So as somebody who dropped out after about a dozen episodes... what the hell is the thing about the island? Is it a magic island, aliens, or what?
Mate, you really don't want to go there. :lol:

We learned where most of the weird stuff (the monster, the polar bears, etc) were coming from and why they were there, but there're still some things left a mystery.
Tsukiyumi wrote:The light at the "heart" of the island kinda suggests a religious answer, but they never clarify it at all.

Lots of stuff in the air at the end, which I actually like a lot.
The whole "afterlife" thing kinda suggests a religious answer as well. :wink:

While I was hoping for everything to be wrapped up nice and neatly, I actually agree that most of the questions they left unanswered were best left unanswered. Any type of explaination they could try and give the Island would just end up sounding awful.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:The whole "afterlife" thing kinda suggests a religious answer as well. :wink:
Smartass. :lol:

I was referring to the question "what the hell is the thing about the island?".
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I followed the last 2 seasons through reading episode summeries online, which I think let you grasp what is gong on much better. Thus I kind of saw this episode coming.

I really wonder if they had this ending planned out since season 1. They sure as hell ha it planned out since season 3 whn thy announced they were endingit now. But do you really plan a plot his messed up with only assurances of 3 episodes in a merket that wasnt kind to fantasy/sci-fi?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.