Lost: Series 6 (Spoilers for all episodes aired)

Everything else
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Lost: Series 6 (Spoilers for all episodes aired)

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't think there was. When he died, Jacob just sort of turned into ash, IIRC, after Smocke kicked him into a fire.

Also, did anyone else catch Jack's brief cameo in the flash-sideways?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Also, did anyone else catch Jack's brief cameo in the flash-sideways?
I did spot jack but I swore too that it was his father with him too but that can't bee cause we know his body was in the coffin from Aus - prob not him as we just got a brief flash of them so my mind filled in the blanks that when we jack with another doctor its usually his dad.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:...Smocke...
:laughroll:

Nice. I like it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well that was certainly an interesting episode. Now we know where Jacob and The Man In Black came from, how they know each other, what their relationship to each other is, and why The Man In Black wants to get off the island so much.

This is shaping up to be one pretty damn interesting finale.

Also, does the fact that I know exactly what game Jacob and his brother were playing make me a total nerd? :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:...Also, does the fact that I know exactly what game Jacob and his brother were playing make me a total nerd? :P
Apparently. Even I had no idea, and I'm the game nerd. :lol:

I agree, though. This whole thing has become incredibly deep; even more so than I expected. This could very well be the best series finale ever.

Though the creators have said, a lot of people aren't going to like the ending. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh Christ, shades of nBSG. :worried:
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I prefer to think it along the lines of no one gets off and home or most everyone dies.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm leaning towards "they all die" as well.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:I'm leaning towards "they all die" as well.
Or perhaps Benny Russell wakes up in his padded cell and takes a look at the pills he was given going, "What the hell was I on?"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Somehow, Lost is actually a DS9 spinoff? :lol:

That would actually kinda rock.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It would be one hell of a twist. :lol:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:It would be one hell of a twist. :lol:
According to Memory Alpha, one of the suggested endings for DS9 was Benny Russell sitting outside of a soundstage reading/editing a script entitled Star Trek
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well that would have been a WTF moment.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I think it would've been great personally
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It would have been an interesting ending, that's for sure.