Lost: Series 6 (Spoilers for all episodes aired)

Everything else
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Lost: Series 6 (Spoilers for all episodes aired)

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So, anyone else still watching? :lol:

Finally, it seems like some of the plot threads are starting to come together.

Regarding the first two episodes:

Well, it seems we have our own little alternate reality going on. Personally, I think this will drag. At least the flash-backs/forwards tied into the main show, but I can't see how flash-sideways will work.

So John Locke isn't John Locke at all. Instead, it turns out he's Ol' Smokey. Presumably the same entity that told Jacob how much he wanted to kill him as they watched the Black Rock turn up on the island.

And Sayid's alive.....or is it really Sayid? :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Lost: Series 6

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Well, it seems we have our own little alternate reality going on. Personally, I think this will drag. At least the flash-backs/forwards tied into the main show, but I can't see how flash-sideways will work.
I imagine the alternate reality will tie in in a very crucial way at some point. Hopefully, they don't overuse it, though.
Sionnach Glic wrote:And Sayid's alive.....or is it really Sayid? :wink:
It might be Jacob. If one of them can find a loophole, well...

So far, I'm still excited about it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I imagine the alternate reality will tie in in a very crucial way at some point. Hopefully, they don't overuse it, though.
Agreed. It'll be interesting to watch for a while, but if they don't go somewhere with it fast then it will become rather tedious.
It might be Jacob. If one of them can find a loophole, well...
Aye, my thoughts exactly. If Smokey can be reborn as Locke, can Jacob be reborn as Sayid?

It'll certainly be an interesting series, now that it's all finally starting to come together. I'm curious as to how the Others who followed "Locke" will react now that Jacob is dead. Richard at least seemed to recognise what "Locke" really was, and judging by the reaction of the Others at the Temple they're no fans of the Smoke Monster.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Its certainly givin me something to think about

Was it just me or when Said "woke up" was his voice different than his characters usual one?

(Also Rochey any chance you could put spoilers in the thread title? I hate these feckin spoiler tags things when you read a post)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Lost: Series 6 (Spoilers for all episodes aired)

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Spoiler tags terminated.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Spoiler tags terminated.
Thanks
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

My wife absolutely loves the show so I watch it to. It's interesting. They honestly lost me (no pun) in season 3 and 4 because they didn't seem to know what to do with the show. It had been going on for a while and I was hoping for some answers but they never came. Last season seemed to resolve a lot of the physical drives (Getting home) early on but then dragged the show back into the metaphysical stuff. It got me interested again, especially the last few episodes.

Now this season has started off pretty amazingly. Locke as the smoke monster/guy in black was something I didn't see coming. Sayid as Jacob though seems almost too predictable. Also, when the man in black took over Locke's persona he didn't bother with Locke's body. The alternate universe thing is interesting and I like it. I'm wondering how it will tie in or even if it does.

One of the most interesting things about the show was how the Others responded to the news of Jacob's death. There was no flat denial. There was no wailing and gnashing of teeth. "Jacob's dead," and they immediately spring into very precise action. It was a coordinated plan that was set up and put in place well before this. Apparently the Others were aware of the possibility of Jacob being killed and had contingency plans. Jacob's bodyguards seemed to be prepared for dealing with the smoke monster in terms of keeping it away (the sand) but not for doing anything to harm it which makes me question just how in the know they are about the particulars of just who Jacob and the man in black are.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

6X03 spoilers follow.

Real Universe:
Well, Sayid isn't Jacob, but it seems that something had come back from the dead with him. Dogan (?) wants him dead, apparently considering him a pretty big danger. This would seem to imply to me that it's not related to the Smoke Monster, as they could just kick him out of the Temple if it were so. I'm curious about what this "infection" is. It's not the Smoke Monster, and presumably it's something that can't be killed by simple guns. Strange.
Clarie is back, with a vengance. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. I wonder where she's been for the past year or so. Last time we saw her, she was in Jacob's cabin.
Cue the Kate/Sawyer romance. Predictable, but at least it didn't take up too much time. Hopefully it'll stay that way.
Apparently something "dark" is inside Claire. This'll be interesting. Maybe that explains why she just ran off all of a sudden.
Nothing on Locke and Co this ep. A pity, as I'm looking forward to seeing what he's up to.

Alternate Universe:
So Kate brings Clarie to the hospital so that she can give birth. Small universe.
Wait a minute, was that doctor Ethan, from back in series 1? How on Earth does that work? We see him being ordered by Ben to go infiltrate the survivors when the plane crashed, so we know he wasn't on the plane (and thus didn't land in LA). So how the hell did he get to a hospital in LA in the space of a few hours? And why is he posing as a doctor?

All in all, I wasn't too thrilled with this episode. It just didn't really seem to go anywhere. The entire ep can be summed up in the lines "Claire is back, Sayid and Claire have Something Wrong with them." Here's hoping it picks up the pace a bit more next week.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Well the french woman did say that her team all got "sick" and went crazy or something, remember they tried to kill her on the beach in one of the flashbacks a season or so ago so its prob the same thing.

That was ethan, I've no idea how the parallel universe timeline is gonna work out, Prob just stuck him in so people can go "oh look its ethan from season one back again"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Wait a minute, was that doctor Ethan, from back in series 1? How on Earth does that work? We see him being ordered by Ben to go infiltrate the survivors when the plane crashed, so we know he wasn't on the plane (and thus didn't land in LA). So how the hell did he get to a hospital in LA in the space of a few hours? And why is he posing as a doctor?
A) He is a doctor.

B) He, like all of the other later Dharma recruits (Juliette, Tom, etc) never came to the island in this alternate universe, because the atomic bomb (or something else) sunk it back in the 70's.

C) :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tsukiyumi wrote:B) He, like all of the other later Dharma recruits (Juliette, Tom, etc) never came to the island in this alternate universe, because the atomic bomb (or something else) sunk it back in the 70's.
An excellent point.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well that was certainly an interesting episode. Good to see that the show's continuing to increase in pace.

So it seems that the last remnants of the Others have been killed off, with the survivors joining Smoke Locke. Sayid appears to have become worryingly kill-happy, Clare is still loony and knows Kate took her kid, Jack and Hurley are screwing around near the lighthouse, and the rest have all teamed up and run off somewhere.

It's all progressing nicely. I hope it keeps up this pace.

On the downside, it seems that the flash-sideways feature is just as much of a time-waster that I feared it would be. Oh well. At least the flashes in this episode weren't too long.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:On the downside, it seems that the flash-sideways feature is just as much of a time-waster that I feared it would be.
I don't think it is.

I doubt they would add that into the last season for no purpose at all. Here's to hoping I'm right. :cheers:
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Its about time that Saiyd brought his A game out and kicked some ass, body count of 5 deaths by his own hand (in both flash and island life),
I liked the look on Smokies face when he saw Kate join them at the end, like he wasn't expecting her to be there.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Loved when Sayid stabbed Smoke Locke. "Now why did you go and do that?"

Was there blood on the knife Ben used to stab Jacob? Because there was none on the knife used to stab Smoke Locke after he pulled it out.