Which Universe Would You Like To See More Of?

Everything else
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Which Universe Would You Like To See More Of?

Post by Tyyr »

Depends on what's considered old in SW. I don't recall us being given any hard limits on average human life span. Long long ago in a galaxy far far away your 60's could be just hitting middle age.

The biggest problem is that they just won't stop mattering. Decades of political machinations and they haven't been sidelined yet? They're still right there in the middle of everything, the hinge upon which the galaxy turns? I love Han as a character as much as the next guy but I think he's earned the right to be put out to pasture at this point.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tyyr wrote:Depends on what's considered old in SW. I don't recall us being given any hard limits on average human life span. Long long ago in a galaxy far far away your 60's could be just hitting middle age.
I'm inclined to agree. With all that advanced medical tech, you'd expect life-spans well beyond 100. Though Obi-Wan seems to have aged quite a bit by ANH, which would seem to suggest life-spans more similar to modern day humans. Of course, it's possible that this was just an effect of Obi-Wan being a hermet (no access to medical tech).
Tyyr wrote:The biggest problem is that they just won't stop mattering. Decades of political machinations and they haven't been sidelined yet? They're still right there in the middle of everything, the hinge upon which the galaxy turns? I love Han as a character as much as the next guy but I think he's earned the right to be put out to pasture at this point.
Agreed. I think they've earned the right to retire at this point. Hell, you have secondary characters being removed from the centre of things as time goes on all the time, yet the same half-dozen or so people are still hanging around making important decisions.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Obi was also out on the ass end of the planet that was the asshole of the SW galaxy. Probably not getting access to the good stuff out there.

I'd also like to see more of the Avatar universe, the movie implied and incredibly amount of stuff I'd love to get to see like Dr. Grace's interactions with the natives, their early reactions to the Avatars, the reactions on Earth when extraterrestrial sentient life was discovered, etc.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Well... in the first book of the DNT, it was mentioned that the lifespan for the average human was 120 years.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Firefly/Serenity

Should require no explenation.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I'd say nBSG but I dread more metaphysical BS, so I'll go with Mass Effect. I'm especially interested in why the Council just left the Quarians out to dry and never bothered to help them rein in the Geth.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I second the Mass Effect notion, and that is precisely one of the reasons.
I loved in ME:2 when we saw the view of the Migrant Flotilla. That was an...interesting sight I must say.
Plus I want to know more about the Genophage. How the Turian's deployed it, how the Salarians managed to devise it, the tense arguing that would have been caused by it.

And About the Rachni wars. All interesting stuff.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mordan's guilt over the genophage is easily one of the best plot points in ME2. You seldom see a secondary character, an alien no less with such depth.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

The Batman TAS universe. It was a great mix of the futuristic and the retro. I especially loved the Police Airships.

And all the heroes and strong chins.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

kostmayer wrote:The Batman TAS universe. It was a great mix of the futuristic and the retro. I especially loved the Police Airships.

And all the heroes and strong chins.
The entire DCAU.

I wanna see the Near Apocalypse of '09, darn it!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Batman TAS was the best adaptation of Batman until Batman Begins and Dark Knight, IMO.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Has Firefly been thrown out yet? Incidently, you can see both the Serenity and Enterprise at separate points in the BSG Miniseries
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Has Firefly been thrown out yet?
First thing mentioned. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Batman TAS was the best adaptation of Batman until Batman Begins and Dark Knight, IMO.
I still rank Batman TAS: Mask of the Phantasm above the Bale films in terms of story and dialogue.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tsukiyumi wrote:Batman TAS was the best adaptation of Batman until Batman Begins and Dark Knight, IMO.
Agreed. The entire DCAU is one of the best, if not the best example of adaptation distillation. Of taking the best from the meandering comics and distilling it into its finest essence.