Big Bang Theory

Everything else
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Big Bang Theory

Post by McAvoy »

Like I said, it could be gibberish to me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I like the sciencey bits and nerd jokes, but the plotlines involving relationships is meh... then again, if I want that I just live life (yay Asperger's).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, I've been watching it and have seen all of it. The only thing that I have a problem with is how much a dick many of the character's are in order to be "smart" or "different" such as Raj, who his entire character is either "I am an asshole" or "I can't talk to women unless I'm drunk" although the latest plot line with Raj I kind of am liking if it goes anywhere decent, which it might.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nickswitz wrote:Yeah, I've been watching it and have seen all of it. The only thing that I have a problem with is how much a dick many of the character's are in order to be "smart" or "different" such as Raj, who his entire character is either "I am an asshole" or "I can't talk to women unless I'm drunk" although the latest plot line with Raj I kind of am liking if it goes anywhere decent, which it might.
I really do not see that. Yeah Sheldon appears to be a dick but really he just doesn't know any better and when he does then yes he is a dick.

I think they are dicks to others and themselves. I just don't see it as them being dicks to others to appear smart. But we are talking about uber nerds of the utmost stereotypes except all but one lives on their own instead with their mothers. I have never met people like that. There are some that are somewhat close but usually they are hardcore gamers.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah Raj isnt usually a dick, he has a mental problem and the only thing that helps also turns him into an arse.

Howard is the most annoying one.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I think that the only one that is a dick is Sheldon, and I do not think that HE thinks that he is. He sees himself as better than everyone else because he is smarter than everyone else. In his mind intelligence is the only measuring stick. So, in that, he is not actually being a dick, he just does not view the world through the same social glasses that everyone else does. He actually admits to not being socially adept. Well, outside offering a warm beverage. He also falls into the pure logic area like Spock and Data. One could confuse them as being dicks, but it is all logic and no emotion.

For the rest of the main cast, Leonard and Howard are not dicks to anyone and the three girls are relatively normal to everyone.

Recurring characters… Stuart is a nice guy. Kripke has only shown dickish behavior towards Sheldon. Winkle nears Sheldon’s point of view, but doesn’t really put anyone else down.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ammy Fera-Fowler is a bit dickish at times, in the same way Sheldon is.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Teaos wrote:Ammy Fera-Fowler is a bit dickish at times, in the same way Sheldon is.
Damn, I forgot about Fowler. She heads down the same road as Sheldon and Winkle but she seems to be able to see the social side and tries to followi t for the most part. She just doesnt have much track record at it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Winkle was only a duck to sheldon and he deserved it. To most people she was fine.

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Teaos wrote:Winkle was only a duck to sheldon and he deserved it. To most people she was fine.
So... She's a witch?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yes.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Up to Season 3.

So... any explanation why Sheldon doesn't like Babylon 5? I find that... odd.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Up to season 4.

Is there anything recently made that Will Wheaten has not been a dick? In Eurake he was a dick but as 'himself' in The Big Bang Theory he is quite funny.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Teaos wrote:Winkle was only a duck to sheldon and he deserved it. To most people she was fine.
So... She's a witch?
Only if she floats...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

McAvoy wrote:Up to season 4.

Is there anything recently made that Will Wheaten has not been a dick? In Eurake he was a dick but as 'himself' in The Big Bang Theory he is quite funny.
Two words... Brent Spiner!