DITL Universe: Mapping

Everything else
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: DITL Universe: Mapping

Post by Tyyr »

I'm ok with being petty, and even if I expanded it by a factor of 10 or even a 100 I'm still barely worth noticing for most of these empires. Mostly I just want to be more than a dot on the map.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tyyr wrote:I'm ok with being petty, and even if I expanded it by a factor of 10 or even a 100 I'm still barely worth noticing for most of these empires. Mostly I just want to be more than a dot on the map.
lol alright.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I downloaded it, but can't find mine... haha, my fault though, it's like 10 planets, lol.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Nickswitz wrote:I downloaded it, but can't find mine... haha, my fault though, it's like 10 planets, lol.
Nick, your empire is way out on the -y axis, I.E. when you look at it in the picture that's up ther, the axis that is parallel to your line of vision, is the y axis, negative would be closest to you. and then it's also -z meaning just slightly down...IIRC, the aproximate coordinates are (0, -100, -10).

just an fyi for everyone, since I know people will be downloading it, I'm adding a new feature to the map. I have the ability to "animate the map" i.e. I can zoom into an area, giving a certain view and save that image (and I can make several of these, then by clicking a tab at the top it'll take you to that image. So I've got a tab set up for a broad galactic view, and one for every empire. I'll get the new map loaded up after I get Teaos's Empires and Reliant's last one.

PS. The Rebekaans are "beneath the crust of Australia"
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nickswitz wrote:...it's like 10 planets, lol.
The Goramji are only 22 planets. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah!!! Go small empires, mine will be expanding though. Sooner or later, and hopefully it will gain diplomacy sometime so it doesn't have to keep killing everything in thier path.
The world ended

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Nickswitz wrote:...it's like 10 planets, lol.
The Goramji are only 22 planets. :lol:
Their also on the map!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, we just can't see them, lol
The world ended

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well the Goramji, are tucked into the pocket of space between the Piron, Ar'kek, and Zomerite space, though their much closer to the Ar'kek than to any of the other powers.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Ok, just downloaded the map.

Well the Remcans dont own a single planet, they are totally space born so they have zero territory, instant travel means they are everywhere.

The Traymians, I think I'll put them near the RGU, slightly above them and nearer the centre, I think this puts them around (-20,000, 100,000, 25,000) I'm not sure how big they are sphere size, I want them pretty much touching the RGU so you may need to bump the numbers a little to achive that.

The Celjurians are another one of those little dots on the map. Lets throw them (40,000, -30,000, -60,000).
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I'm okay with being neighbors. The Traymians' good diplomacy will help to keep the RGU from thinking the Traymians are hiding the Builders ;)
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I figured they compliment each other.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Teaos wrote:Ok, just downloaded the map.

Well the Remcans dont own a single planet, they are totally space born so they have zero territory, instant travel means they are everywhere.

The Traymians, I think I'll put them near the RGU, slightly above them and nearer the centre, I think this puts them around (-20,000, 100,000, 25,000) I'm not sure how big they are sphere size, I want them pretty much touching the RGU so you may need to bump the numbers a little to achive that.

The Celjurians are another one of those little dots on the map. Lets throw them (40,000, -30,000, -60,000).
don't worry, I have a system for figuing out their controlled space. :mrgreen:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Well, we're now only waiting on the location of Reliant and the Zykelan Imperium, and the final map will be uploaded, full animation.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I gave it to you earlier?