Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" Disney+

Post by McAvoy »

Looked into this recently. This and Loki sounds the most interesting. WandaVision is going pretty slow right now. Almost a chore, waiting when it will all come together.

Considering US Agent (alternate Captain America) will be in it, as a successor to Captain America. And being used a propaganda vehicle too, I suspect this show will deal with the passing of the title (obviously) or what it really means to be him. Him as a symbol not as a soldier or a person.

Do wonder about Falcon though. He is a regular dude with wings. Highly trained yes, but still. Winter Soldier has a new arm like the Cap's shield and is roughly as strong as him too. Meaning he can definitely take on US Agent one on one.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

So i'm getting kind of a confused vibe here. Shouldn't Falcon BE the new Capt. America? I mean the shield was passed, unambiguously so, Cap made that choice and Bucky is ok with it.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Vic wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:20 am So i'm getting kind of a confused vibe here. Shouldn't Falcon BE the new Capt. America? I mean the shield was passed, unambiguously so, Cap made that choice and Bucky is ok with it.
I really don't remember. For dramatic reasons I suppose. After Winter Soldier came out, people made a big deal about Bucky posing with Cap's shield, because Bucky became Captain America in a comic series.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Vic wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:20 am So i'm getting kind of a confused vibe here. Shouldn't Falcon BE the new Capt. America? I mean the shield was passed, unambiguously so, Cap made that choice and Bucky is ok with it.
Yes. Old Man Steve passed the shield to the Falcon in Endgame. However, that doesn't mean the US Government agrees with it. Maybe they wanted their own Captain America that they could control and use.

The question then becomes in this series, are there two shields or somehow the Falcon lost the shield? If it's two shields, how did the US get enough vibranium to make one since it seems like Wakanda keeps a very closed grasp on their resources.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

McAvoy wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:13 am The question then becomes in this series, are there two shields or somehow the Falcon lost the shield? If it's two shields, how did the US get enough vibranium to make one since it seems like Wakanda keeps a very closed grasp on their resources.
Cap didn't take the shield back with him when he returned the stones, so presumably, the shield he gave Falcon is the one from the alternate timeline he lived in with Peggy which would leave the regular shield still out there.
Bite my shiny metal ass
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Original shield or the one Stark gave back to the Captain in Endgame was broken. Broken in pieces by Thanos. Maybe Wakanda took it and repaired it afterwards.

I doubt it is an alternate universe shield though.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Oh, right, yeah. whoops.
Bite my shiny metal ass