Dominion

Everything else

Re: Dominion

Postby Nutso » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:41 am

McAvoy wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:Whups, my bad. :oops:


Huh?

He said that Dominion was a sequel to Legend when he really meant Legion.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Dominion

Postby Nutso » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:46 am

Mikey wrote:
Nutso wrote:Imagine... where Tim Curry has plunged the world into eternal darkness


Ah, I see you've referenced my teen years involving many, many midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Did you at least shave your legs so that the stockings would look good on you?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Dominion

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 am

Please... the stockings already looked good on me.

In truth, I rarely dressed as a character, and when I did and performed, it was generally as Riff Raff.

BTW, going from opinions of a new TV series to how I look in drag has got to be near the top in the annals of TR-116 history.
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33178
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Dominion

Postby McAvoy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:33 am

So Mikey are we talking about you dressing as Sailor Moon?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
User avatar
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 am
Location: East Windsor, NJ

Re: Dominion

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:08 pm

McAvoy wrote:So Mikey are we talking about you dressing as Sailor Moon?



I vaguely recognize that reference, but that's all.
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33178
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Dominion

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 pm

And... I'll give it maybe one more chance, but the pilot is exactly what one can expect from a SyFy series: formulaic, cliche, and stale. BTW, I am a big fan in general of Anthony Stewart Head, and I find him more than capable in most things, but there is at least one thing which he cannot accomplish and that is a passable American accent. His acting was surely good enough, but the accent was bad enough that it was actually distracting.
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33178
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Dominion

Postby Captain Seafort » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Mikey wrote:the accent was bad enough that it was actually distracting.


Call it revenge for Dick Van Dyke. :twisted:

Speaking of US accents, how do you rate Hugh Laurie? I've heard nothing but good, but never from the horse's mouth.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
User avatar
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 15016
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Dominion

Postby Nutso » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mikey wrote:the accent was bad enough that it was actually distracting.


Call it revenge for Dick Van Dyke. :twisted:

Speaking of US accents, how do you rate Hugh Laurie? I've heard nothing but good, but never from the horse's mouth.

9/10 Bald Eagles.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Dominion

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Indeed - Laurie's accent is good enough to fool most Yanks. Literally - I know people who only know Laurie from his work on House MD who didn't know that he was British.

Captain Seafort wrote:Call it revenge for Dick Van Dyke.


Well, he was dancing with cartoon penguins, as I recall - perhaps it shouldn't be taken as a piece of serious literature.

In all seriousnes, though, Stewart's accent reminded me of nothing so much as a Monty Python bit.
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33178
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Dominion

Postby Captain Seafort » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:14 pm

Mikey wrote:Indeed - Laurie's accent is good enough to fool most Yanks. Literally - I know people who only know Laurie from his work on House MD who didn't know that he was British.


Aye - the story I've heard most often is that his audition was held by the producer to be an example of "a great American actor".
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
User avatar
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 15016
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: Dominion

Postby Nutso » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Graham Kennedy wrote:For me, I'm deeply fed up with the constant stream of "after the apocalypse" series that have come out in the last few years. Boring, boring, boring.

So you're not excited about the next big Nicholas Cage movie, "Left Behind," based on the very popular Left Behind series of books? There's an original "Left Behind" movie produced by and staring TV's Kirk Cameron as well. Left Behind is based on The Rapture, possibly centering on those who haven't been Raptured. I could have sworn Cage did a similar movie like this except The Rapture was done by aliens.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Dominion

Postby McAvoy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Nutso wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:For me, I'm deeply fed up with the constant stream of "after the apocalypse" series that have come out in the last few years. Boring, boring, boring.

So you're not excited about the next big Nicholas Cage movie, "Left Behind," based on the very popular Left Behind series of books? There's an original "Left Behind" movie produced by and staring TV's Kirk Cameron as well. Left Behind is based on The Rapture, possibly centering on those who haven't been Raptured. I could have sworn Cage did a similar movie like this except The Rapture was done by aliens.


Keep in mind Kirk Cameron is a nutcase.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
User avatar
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 am
Location: East Windsor, NJ

Re: Dominion

Postby Nutso » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Image
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Dominion

Postby Nutso » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:25 pm

McAvoy wrote:
Nutso wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:For me, I'm deeply fed up with the constant stream of "after the apocalypse" series that have come out in the last few years. Boring, boring, boring.

So you're not excited about the next big Nicholas Cage movie, "Left Behind," based on the very popular Left Behind series of books? There's an original "Left Behind" movie produced by and staring TV's Kirk Cameron as well. Left Behind is based on The Rapture, possibly centering on those who haven't been Raptured. I could have sworn Cage did a similar movie like this except The Rapture was done by aliens.


Keep in mind Kirk Cameron is a nutcase.

Fundies always are.

Image
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: Dominion

Postby McAvoy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:10 am

Nutso wrote:Image


That cannot be a real movie poster.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
User avatar
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4007
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 am
Location: East Windsor, NJ

PreviousNext

Return to Other / General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest