Season 2 (SGU)

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Season 2 (SGU)

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Season 2 premieres on the 28th this month......I know I'm really looking forward to the new season.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 2 (SGU)

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Did not know that.

Definitely looking forward to it.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Season 2 premieres on the 28th this month......I know I'm really looking forward to the new season.

Yeah, they left it on a hell of a cliffhanger.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I actually just saw the end of the 1st Season....I had a soccer game the night of the finale so I missed it, but we recorded it, it also stormed really bad that night, my first game was canceled and we (barely) fit the Varsity game in between storm fronts. I got home and the next week tried to watch it. It was fine all the way up to 45 min into the ep.....then it ended. The storm fucked up our DVR and corrupted the file.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Its on netflix live streaming......and hulu as well if I'm not mistaken.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

ya I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it (either on youtube or hulu I can't remember exactly).
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

YouTube's got all 16 series up. Whether it's official or not I neither know nor care, but they're going up fast enough that I should be able to follow S2 in more-or-less real time, which will be good.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Its official. SGU has lost me as a viewer. It's just getting crappier and crappier.

First, I hate the shaky cam they are so fond of. Second, its much darker than SG1 or SGA. I loved the lighthearted humor of those shows, while they were dealing with crisis after crisis.

The SGU characters also just haven't done it for me. After the first season, I can at least tell you all the main characters, as well as my favorite. SGU, nobody does it for me. I just watched an episode and was like "whose that again" (the blond LT gets bitten by the snake plant thing and thinks he's getting married on earth, while the hot chic finds out she's immune).

Its gone from bleh.........to sucks. There just is no appeal, and no desire for me to waste an hour of my life watching a bunch of whiny bitches and battling nausea.

I'm done.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I can't argue with you there, the show is starting to wear a bit thin with me too. I'll watch a few more eps if I catch em to see what happens but i'll not loose any sleep for want of not seeing one.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

To be honest, I'm enjoying the darkness of the series. SGA was just to happy go lucky for a bunch of stranded people in another galaxy.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:To be honest, I'm enjoying the darkness of the series. SGA was just to happy go lucky for a bunch of stranded people in another galaxy.
Aye. Universe is more nBSG than Gilligan's Galaxy, as it should be. Besides which, Rush is an even better character than Rodney McKay. :)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

McKay had some redeeming qualities. Rush is just a sociopath ass.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mark wrote:McKay had some redeeming qualities.
Foremost among them a complete lack of tolerance for idiocy and idiots.
Rush is just a sociopath ass.
He's the only member of the crew who's shown a consistent ability and intent to get problems gripped. They're stuck on a starship several billion light years from home, with no way off, no resupply other than that they can do themselves, and no way of controlling the ship. Survival requires harsh measures.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Granted. But he's still a narcisstic schmuck with a god complex and control issues. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Young hasn't beaten him to within an inch of his life.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mark wrote:Granted. But he's still a narcisstic schmuck with a god complex and control issues.
I reiterate, he's the only one with the ability and intent to get problems gripped. This requires him to have the self-confidence to crack on and do it regardless of others opinions.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why Young hasn't beaten him to within an inch of his life.
He has, twice.