Ancients vs Gua'uld

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Ancients vs Gua'uld

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Okay, here's a question I have about the return of the Ancients to earth from the Pegasus Galaxy after their war with the Wraith. At this time in the Milkey Way the Gua'uld have already started their intergalactic reigns and Ra's lost earth to the inhabitants there. So why didn't the Ancients, who presumidly would have recognized the legends/discovered the reign of the Gua'uld, who didn't have the technology to match the ancients, nor did they have the numbers to overwhelm them like the Wraith, so why didn't the ancients stop the Gua'uld?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ancients vs Gua'uld

Post by Deepcrush »

Because they believed themselves above the matter.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Deepcrush wrote:Because they believed themselves above the matter.
Seems kind of weird though since they fought a similar war against the Wraith to protect humans in the Pegasus Galaxy, why not against the Gua'uld to do the same?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They fought a running battle to protect themselves against the Wraith. Only a few of them really cared about what happened to anyone else.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

And/or: At that point the Goa'uld on Earth weren't an issue so why bother? (or something like that)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Sonic Glitch wrote:And/or: At that point the Goa'uld on Earth weren't an issue so why bother? (or something like that)
well that's an interesting point...when exactly did the Ancients return to Earth....now that I think about it, it would have had to have been before Ra arrived and humanity spread to the rest of the Galaxy because after that they would have run into quite a welcoming party or they wouldn't have been able to connect because the gate would have been burred. But we also know that these ancients were around at the time of the Mid-evil ages so they definitely would have had a front row seat to the Gua'uld presence on earth and it's spread across the Galaxy.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote:And/or: At that point the Goa'uld on Earth weren't an issue so why bother? (or something like that)
well that's an interesting point...when exactly did the Ancients return to Earth....now that I think about it, it would have had to have been before Ra arrived and humanity spread to the rest of the Galaxy because after that they would have run into quite a welcoming party or they wouldn't have been able to connect because the gate would have been burred. But we also know that these ancients were around at the time of the Mid-evil ages so they definitely would have had a front row seat to the Gua'uld presence on earth and it's spread across the Galaxy.
Hmm... Well they sunk Atlantis 10,000 yrs ago right? And the pyramids supposedly date back about what, 5000yrs? Is it possible all the Ancients who returned to Earth had ascended or died by then? Merlin only regained human form later for his work against the Ori didn't he?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

well....this is interesting...the timelines don't seem to match up....

Atlantis left earth 10,000 years ago for Pegasus, there they seeded life to evolve humanity across the Galaxy and watched as humans evolved there as well as the Wraith...after the Wraith were strong enough to fight them they engaged in a idk how many thousand year long war before returning to earth.

Assuming this is less than 5000 years which idk if it could be, they would have arrived right around the same time as Ra if not after...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:well....this is interesting...the timelines don't seem to match up....

Atlantis left earth 10,000 years ago for Pegasus, there they seeded life to evolve humanity across the Galaxy and watched as humans evolved there as well as the Wraith...after the Wraith were strong enough to fight them they engaged in a idk how many thousand year long war before returning to earth.

Assuming this is less than 5000 years which idk if it could be, they would have arrived right around the same time as Ra if not after...
I thought Atlantis left Earth several millenia ago (in fact the very first scene in "Rising" says that doesn't it?( and then they returned TO Earth FROM Atlantis 10,000yrs ago?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Atlantis left earth 10,000 years ago for Pegasus
Nope. Atlantis left millions of years ago. They came back to Earth through the Stargate 10,000 years ago.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

your right...my bad...lol

So were they even around for the Gua'uld invasion of Earth/Milky Way
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I think they'd mostly ascended by then... I guess.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Lt. Staplic wrote:But we also know that these ancients were around at the time of the Mid-evil ages so they definitely would have had a front row seat to the Gua'uld presence on earth and it's spread across the Galaxy.
No there weren't - you're thinking of Merlin, who was specifically described as "de-ascending" himself in order to develop an anti-Ori weapon, and was prevented from doing so by Morgan Le Fay, on orders from the other ascended Ancients.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm alittle hazy on this, but I'm pretty sure the Ancients had all moved on by then. Those that didn't really weren't that interested. IMO they likely considered the Goa'uld a minor problem if aware of them at all. After all, they only want to RULE the galaxy. The Ori want to convert the galaxy to give THEM ultimate power, and the damned Wraith just wanna eat everyone.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am bit hazy on this, but from what I gathered at least is that the Four Races Thing actually was pretty recent. Maybe between the loss of Atlantis and their ascension/deaths?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"