Total rubbish
No votes

Total votes: 6
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

SGU 1X11 (Spoilers)

Post by colmquinn »

Well the series is back after its break.

A pretty good episode in my mind, new things to be seen but still plenty of questions left hanging. Great to see Rushe back but I kinda hoped it wouldn't be for another ep or two just to have another mystery hanging. The conversation between Col Young and Rushe could've been more spicy but good enough for me.

The aliens are fairly generic looking to me but still I suppose budgets/ time constraints mean that they have to have something that can be easily modeled etc. Their ship wasn't clearly visible (on the copy I saw anyway) but looks to a fairly beefly designed vessel with the main guns of destiny seemingly not doing huge amounts of damage and only hitting shields. The mystery of the ship from the beginning of the series seems to have been solved.

I also liked the way that Rushe seems to be getting some allies with the IOA woman etc with seeming lots of intrigue to be played out yet.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SGU 1X11 (Spoilers)

Post by Monroe »

Yeah I like the factions forming. But I do wonder how it'll play out in episodes and seasons to come. You don't want to have too much change that the characters evolve completely in a short amount of time but you don't want stagnant change.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Monroe wrote:Yeah I like the factions forming. But I do wonder how it'll play out in episodes and seasons to come. You don't want to have too much change that the characters evolve completely in a short amount of time but you don't want stagnant change.
Well I guess we'll see pretty soon cause the next ep should be airing/ already has aired - I must go have a look for it online today.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I saw it; quite good, IMO.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

colmquinn wrote:
Monroe wrote:Yeah I like the factions forming. But I do wonder how it'll play out in episodes and seasons to come. You don't want to have too much change that the characters evolve completely in a short amount of time but you don't want stagnant change.
Well I guess we'll see pretty soon cause the next ep should be airing/ already has aired - I must go have a look for it online today.
Next episode is up. And yes we saw the outcome pretty dang soon.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I just watched it - a bit too soon I thought but with so many people living so close I suppose tensions are running high with everyone. I mean there's no deodorant on board - must be getting pretty ripe by now.