Horrible
No votes

Total votes: 5
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1.9- Life

Post by Monroe »

I really liked it. They're doing a very good job establishing characters and they have some strong ones in this series. It also brings up an interesting point. Is it morally right to be using these other people's bodies like they are? I mean sure the chick from 24 and the chick from ER making out is hot but what would you say if you found out that someone used your body to have sex with their spouse? Would having homosexual sex be worse? I think it would. I wouldn't want to come back with a sore ass :P And hell I wouldn't want someone using me for sex anyway. Someone else in control of my body would be very awkward.

I thought the twist towards the end was pretty good too. I was going to make a second paragraph about how SGU doesn't have a way home every episode then with the twist things got a whole lot interesting.

Anyhow what do you guys think of it? I'm happy cause this episode was another great episode. I hope I see a lot more of these.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: 1.9- Life

Post by colmquinn »

Meh, for me anyway.

I appreciate the fact that the writers are obviously trying to put some flesh on the characters and to show the people rather than the cool tech and to show how totally at the mercy of the ship they are (at present) rather than just walking in and knowing how everything works.
But unless the writers pick up the pace a little,(and by that I mean do sci-fi stuff not more Telford is an ass kinda stuff) I can see the show getting canceled at the end of season 1 because the average joe doesn't want to really watch soap opera from space.
Personally I'm willing to give em more time but it isn't my money they're spending and if figures start to decline I'm sure the money people at Paramount/Warner or who ever owns em will be calling in their tab.

What are the viewing figures like for the series anyway?
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!