0 - RIP Stargate
No votes

Total votes: 8
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SG:U 1X07 "Earth"

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Total meh. A fairly good main story, but it was just dragged down by the bloody clubbing and angst. Of course the main problem is simply that we all knew in advance that this wasn't going to work. Though the episode gets a +1 purely for Rush disposing of Telford and Co with style.
Chloe remains an utter nuisance, even more so than before. Also, is it just me or did Young's wife jump into bed with Telford's body pretty quick?

I'll give it a 3/5.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SG:U 1X07 "Earth"

Post by McAvoy »

I just never truly got how someone like Young's wife would actually fully trust that her husband is in someone's body. But... then again, I was married and my wife got a new body... I might be willing to accept it... :P

I still think Rush is an ass and I do wonder it was really going to work or not.

Are all the episodes going to be ship and Earth talking together like this? If so, I see this not lasting that long.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I didn't think she was his wife?

I thought it was pretty good, I thought that was kinda funny how they kept jumping back and forth every time the ship jumped or dropped from FTL
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

They're newly weds-ish. They've been married two years.

I liked the episode I just hope this is the last 'we might be able to send you home' plot for a few seasons. And I agree they got to lose those stones soon. I know the producers don't want the show to be static (see DS9 or Saw for fear of static settings on screen), but I think with the visiting of different worlds, the size of the ship, and what not Earth isn't exactly needed. Though I think there should be a plot as to leading up to them losing communication and not just silently do away with them.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

I agree we could do without the angst in the club shit but maybe thats the thing that changes chloe and starts to make her into a more productive member of the crew now she realises she hasn't much left back home.

I did like the bit at the very end where Telford turns up at the yer womans door, getting his end away and messing up what Col young has going on as revenge, very cold, very nicely done :happydevil:
Monroe wrote: Though I think there should be a plot as to leading up to them losing communication and not just silently do away with them.
Agreed, I've also been wondering what the hell powers those things? I mean the ship was running on empty yet the stones can send a message across billions of light years? Maybe I missed the meeting explaining those so if could someone point out where I can get a handy pamphlet/ information booklet that would be great.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Ya that was in the first episode, the stones run on a nearly infinite power source called
Plot Power
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Ah yes the old reliable :Q
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Better than the new material in Avatar... Unobtanium. jeesh.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Monroe wrote:...Unobtanium...
Please tell me you're kidding.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

That was first used in The Core the material that the ship is made out of is dubbed unobtainable because the real name has 37 syllables according to the character that created it.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, that's been around in Sci-Fi long before that abortion was ever put to film.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Wikipedia - Unobtainium It's used in real life.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park