4 - The show is starting to pick up
25%
3 - Meh, glorious meh
25%
2 - Poor
13%
1 - Awful
No votes
0 - Stop ruining my show, you hack writers!
13%

Total votes: 8
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SG:U 1X05 "Light"

Post by Monroe »

well lying would thin out the population of the crew. I don't think he lied mind you, and I still think its kinda dorky to even bring it up. But the characters could argue that lying would allow him to thin out the crew and by randomly picking people there's a strong chance that useless people would be removed.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

But he didn't have any idea that those people would even BE removed. As far as anybody knew, the people who left on the shuttle would just come back if the ship survived.

And he was the one who came up with the way to come back. If he did want rid of them, why then rescue them?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

GrahamKennedy wrote:But he didn't have any idea that those people would even BE removed. As far as anybody knew, the people who left on the shuttle would just come back if the ship survived.

And he was the one who came up with the way to come back. If he did want rid of them, why then rescue them?
I'm in total agreement with you just saying what the characters could argue. And actually it was Eli who came up with the math needed.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-