Season 7

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 7

Post by Mark »

Well, this season had some nice story arcs I've got to say. The return of Daniel Jackson was rather predictable by the time it happened, and we bid farewell to Jonas Quinn (hope it works out with that ex-host). I thought season 7 had some of the best stories of the whole series. The super soldiers are seriously freaky, and the search for the lost city was ongoing focus.

Watching Earth FINALLY defend itself against an attacking fleet was just great, although Hammond DID look somewhat strange in the center seat of Prometheus.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Season 7

Post by Monroe »

You'll see Earth do it again in Stargate Atlantis. I really liked the super soldiers. Finally some alien infantry that a medieval army couldn't beat :P
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

They put me in mind of all that the Borg COULD have been, if Voyager hadn't pussied them up.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I rather liked Anubis as a villain. He was clever, competant and a genuine threat. His soldiers weren't the chainmail wearing redshirts that the other System Lords used, and were serious threats to SG-1.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Please tell me that isn't the last we've seen of Annubis...........
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Please tell me that isn't the last we've seen of Annubis...........
I don't think we've seen Annubis yet... :poke:

But in best batshit-crazy, megalomaniacal, supervillan fashion, Anubis will return...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Good......leaving him as a frozen pop was weak
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, he'll be back. Though only briefly, if memory serves.

Regarding the next bad guy:
A completely new villain group known as the Ori take his place. They're rather lame, IMHO. Think Christian Crusaders with spaceships, but not as cool. The death of Anubis is where the show hit its peak for me, and I never felt like it climbed back up to the level of greatness it had achieved from that point onwards.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Annubis DID manage to convey an immediet and present danger to Earth. MUCH more so than Apophis or whats his face that immitated the Devil. Ba'al doesn't strike me as very threatening either.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Annubis DID manage to convey an immediet and present danger to Earth. MUCH more so than Apophis or whats his face that immitated the Devil. Ba'al doesn't strike me as very threatening either.
Ba'al may just be one of my favorite Goa'uld. I don't know why. While Anubis is a badass Villan, Ba'al just becomes badass in my opinion. He's the bad guy you hate to love.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

He also pulls off some darn impressive schemes. See: Stargate: Continuum for a good example.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ba'al isn't too impressive initialy, but he does become a fairly good villain.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Ba'al isn't too impressive initialy, but he does become a fairly good villain.
Initially he was just another system lord. He definitely evolved into something more. I'm trying to think back but I don't really recall any of his plans failing because he had the requisite stupid bad guy moment. He made the SG teams work for it and even then he usually had a back up plan running.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, he was quite competant. He gave SG-1 a run for their money on a number of occasions, and always had an escape route planned out in advance if things went south.