Season 5

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 5

Post by Mark »

Ok, I'm a lot happier. Season five is a definite improvement over season four. I just finished "The Tomb" and I'll admit, it was nice to see the Russians taking part in the program. (Plus that Lt. chick is hot!)

One thing I've been wondering about. I'm nearly at the halfway point in the series, and Earth STILL hasn't managed to land any serious tech to defend against the Gua'ould (spelling?) When can I expect to see some improvements, like this fabled Earth ship?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 5

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:...Plus that Lt. chick is hot!
Indeed. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The tech is there, you just cant see it yet.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, most of the first half-dozen or so series doesn't have much alien tech in Earth's hands, as it's all still undergoing R&D. As the series progresses you'll start to see more and more advanced tech in use.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Prometheus - Appears SG1 S6E11. Destroyed SG1 S9E16
Daedalus - Mentioned SG1 S8E19 and SGA S1E20. Appears SGA S2E01
Odyssey - Appears SG1 S9E16
Korolev - Appears SG1 S9E20, destroyed the same episode.
Apollo - Appears SG:AoT and SGA S3E20
Phoenix - Appears SGA S4E20 in an alternate reality, gets destroyed. In prime reality, it gets renamed to George Hammond (in tribute to Don S. Davis). It's mentioned in S5E20 as almost completed and later appears in SGU S1E01.
Sun Tzu - Appears SGA S5E20

----------
SG1 S6E11: Prometheus (Yes, that's the episode's name).
SG1 S8E19: Moebius Part One
SGA S1E20: The Siege Part 2
SGA S2E01: The Siege Part 3
SG1 S9E15 : Ethon
SG1 S9E16: Off the Grid
SG1 S9E20: Camelot
SGAot: Stargate The Ark of Truth
SGA S3E20: First Strike
SGA S4E20: The Last Man
SGA S5E20: Enemy at the Gate
SGU S1E01: Air Part One
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Just a suggestion, you may want to spoiler quote all that.
JudgeKing wrote:
Prometheus - Appears SG1 S6E11. Destroyed SG1 S9E16
Daedalus - Mentioned SG1 S8E19 and SGA S1E20. Appears SGA S2E01
Odyssey - Appears SG1 S9E16
Korolev - Appears SG1 S9E20, destroyed the same episode.
Apollo - Appears SG:AoT and SGA S3E20
Phoenix - Appears SGA S4E20 in an alternate reality, gets destroyed. In prime reality, it gets renamed to George Hammond (in tribute to Don S. Davis). It's mentioned in S5E20 as almost completed and later appears in SGU S1E01.
Sun Tzu - Appears SGA S5E20

----------
SG1 S6E11: Prometheus (Yes, that's the episode's name).
SG1 S8E19: Moebius Part One
SGA S1E20: The Siege Part 2
SGA S2E01: The Siege Part 3
SG1 S9E15 : Ethon
SG1 S9E16: Off the Grid
SG1 S9E20: Camelot
SGAot: Stargate The Ark of Truth
SGA S3E20: First Strike
SGA S4E20: The Last Man
SGA S5E20: Enemy at the Gate
SGU S1E01: Air Part One
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So, I'm ALMOST to the launch of Prometheus........cool.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

me,myself and I wrote:Just a suggestion, you may want to spoiler quote all that.
In fairness, you wouldn't have a clue what he's talking about if you didn't already know.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Heh, I just finished Wormhole X-treme. I honestly don't know what to say. Good lord, did the Voyager writers write that one? :|
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, that ep wasn't great, IMHO. Still, I did like the SG-1 rip-off show. :lol:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mark wrote:Heh, I just finished Wormhole X-treme. I honestly don't know what to say. Good lord, did the Voyager writers write that one? :|
Sionnach Glic wrote:Yeah, that ep wasn't great, IMHO. Still, I did like the SG-1 rip-off show. :lol:
Wormhole X-Treme (episode 100) --which comes back in episode 200-- was basically an excuse to make fun of themselves. The 200th episode especially.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Am I mis-remembering, or wasn't the 200th episode something about them being turned into puppets? :?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Am I mis-remembering, or wasn't the 200th episode something about them being turned into puppets? :?
The 200th episode was when it turns out that someone wants to make Wormhole X-Treme into a motion picture and it's all about different story ideas. There's a wizard of oz pitch, a Team America World Police Pitch, a Farscape pitch, etc etc
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Sionnach Glic wrote:Am I mis-remembering, or wasn't the 200th episode something about them being turned into puppets? :?
The 200th episode was when it turns out that someone wants to make Wormhole X-Treme into a motion picture and it's all about different story ideas. There's a wizard of oz pitch, a Team America World Police Pitch, a Farscape pitch, etc etc
Team America, Farscape, Wizard of Oz, O'Neill being invisible, Resident Evil pitch, Teal'c PI, death of the Furlings, Star Trek parody, Cheyenne Mountain exploding, a wedding, SG-1, O'Neill, Landry, and Walter going through the gate, and Wormhole Xtreme 10 years later.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Personally, I love "Wormhole X-treme!" (and "200"). It's wonderful to see the writers making fun of themselves (and other shows). It shows that they don't take themselves too seriously.

Both are great hours of laughter! They're supposed to be silly.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk