Season 5

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Season 5

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm with Varthikes on that; they're fun episodes because they're stupid on purpose. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Am I mis-remembering, or wasn't the 200th episode something about them being turned into puppets? :?
yeah. The 200th episode is much better I think. The 100th (which is wormhole x-treme) is funny yeah but its not great. The 200th one is great.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:wtf:
Daniel Jackson dies??? Or ascends....or whatever?
Didn't see the end of Season Five coming THIS way.

Something I don't understand. Carter and Teal'c can sensethe presence of a symbiont right? So, in the episode with that wonder leader of the Jaffa rebellion, how come they all stood side by side, and nobody sensed a damned thing?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mark wrote: Something I don't understand. Carter and Teal'c can sensethe presence of a symbiont right? So, in the episode with that wonder leader of the Jaffa rebellion, how come they all stood side by side, and nobody sensed a damned thing?
Their Goa'uld senses were forgotten over time. Kind of like Teal'c's goldish skin.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Mark wrote:Something I don't understand. Carter and Teal'c can sensethe presence of a symbiont right? So, in the episode with that wonder leader of the Jaffa rebellion, how come they all stood side by side, and nobody sensed a damned thing?
Right. They can sense the presence of a symbiote. But, all Jaffa carry symbiotes.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So they CAN'T tell the difference between a Jaffa and a Goa'uld?
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Correct. At least, it's never revealed that they could tell the difference beyond checking for an abdominal pouch or doing an MRI.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Isn't a Jaffa symbiote just an immature Goa'uld? If so, there should be no real difference to spot.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Isn't a Jaffa symbiote just an immature Goa'uld? If so, there should be no real difference to spot.
Exactly.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I didn't think of that, to tell ya the truth.