Season 4

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 4

Post by Mark »

Just picked up Season 4 at Wal Mart this weekend and got started. The replicants kind of disappointed me I must say. I was looking forward to a Borg-ish level threat, but these little guys don't seem to really measure up to me.

Finished up last night that groundhog day episode. Nice to see O'Neil finally lay one on Carter :twisted:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Season 4

Post by Monroe »

Replicators are introduced lightly but by season 8 or 9 they are a big threat. Remember they are the ones who keep the Asgard busy.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Thats why I'm confused. They have the Asguard on the ropes, but a good shotgun blasts them into dust
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

The Asgard aren't used to thinking on such primitive levels as the Tau'ri. They try to use their more advanced technology (energy weapons, stronger armors) to engage the Replicators, and the Replicators assimilate this technology and adapt to it (like the Borg). But, now they're going up against the Tau'ri and their gunpowder-based weapons, something that they never before have encountered, and so, never adapted to.

But, the Replicators more than make up for that with their numbers. One or two you can handle, but once they start replicating, you're in trouble.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Asgard's major problem is that they're simply too advanced to deal with the Replicators. You'll see in future series that they've a few problems stemming from their use of highly advanced technology.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Heh, I'll need to pick up seasons 5 and 6 while they're still on sale then. Just to see the bugs develop.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Upon conclusion, I'm sorry to say that I see season 4 as being a rather weak season for Stargate. Unlike Trek which started weak and built itself up, it seemed like there was a lag in season 4. Nothing really meaningful seemed to happen. They had the obligatory "flashback" episode, the time travel episode, and the doppelganger episode. Meh....

Kronos seemed to die a pretty pointless and anti climactic death (unless they bring him back too) and even the cliffhanger episode seemed lacking compared to the others.

I DID stop off today and pick up seasons five and six, so well keep seeing what will happen next.

By the way, when will the start the set up for SG Atlantis? I thought for sure the episode with a Russian Marina Sirtis finding the water world would have been it, but apparently not. :cry:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:Upon conclusion, I'm sorry to say that I see season 4 as being a rather weak season for Stargate.
I tend to agree with this, though I think the weakest of SG-1 was better than 90% of Voyager. The season 4 finale was great, IMO.
Mark wrote:I DID stop off today and pick up seasons five and six, so well keep seeing what will happen next.
I recently finished season 5; loved it. A lot of loose ends are wrapped up, and again, the finale is pretty serious.
Mark wrote:By the way, when will the start the set up for SG Atlantis?
Season 7 finale, IIRC.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsuki wrote:
I tend to agree with this, though I think the weakest of SG-1 was better than 90% of Voyager.
Oh yes, that is DEFINITELY true. The O'Neil humor alone makes it better than most of Voyager .