Season 3

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Season 3

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I think...The Gou'auld was trying to kill him, while his wife input a memory/thought so he would look for her son, then Teal'c killed her before Danial could be killed. At the beginning he was pissed at Teal'c for killing her, and trying to make sense of the memory, by the end he'd basicly forgiven Teal'c, and had decided to rejoin the SGC. It's probably reasonable to assume that by the time of that Apophis episode, he was a fair bit more comfortable with the fact, and had accepted that at least now she wasn't being controlled and enslaved by the Gou'auld any more.
And from what I understand, that whole "leave SG1, return to SG1, forgive Teal'c, start looking for the boy" bit happened while the hand device was operating? IE all in his head? Or do I misunderstand the episode.

BTW, season 3 is currently airing on Syfy AFAIK.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Hell, I loved her from the movie. In Daniel's place I wouldn't have been nearly the gentleman.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm guessing they just wanted to open him up for some new love interests.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well it's hard to see Jack or Teal'c going for the hottie of the week. And while I wouldn't mind seeing Carter take that role I don't think she swung that way.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tyyr wrote:Well it's hard to see Jack or Teal'c going for the hottie of the week. And while I wouldn't mind seeing Carter take that role I don't think she swung that way.

Carter going girl - girl :Drool1:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

SG-1 didn't do Carter's hotness justice, sadly.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So I'm not going to have any revealing outfits to look forward too?
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, they pretty much keep her straight laced. It's good they didn't do the usual slapstick by turning the normally all business highly capable female character into squealing eye candy every few episodes but at the same time it kinda sucked. Tight black t-shirts are about the best you'll ever do.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Damn. Not even a "mirror" episode where she's a slut? Bummer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, in the mirror episode she's pretty much Carter just in civvies.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Mark wrote:Damn. Not even a "mirror" episode where she's a slut? Bummer
All alternate realities they go to are pretty similar. Maybe its cause they don't go far enough into the alternate realities for any major differences to develop I don't know.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

me,myself and I wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:I think...The Gou'auld was trying to kill him, while his wife input a memory/thought so he would look for her son, then Teal'c killed her before Danial could be killed. At the beginning he was pissed at Teal'c for killing her, and trying to make sense of the memory, by the end he'd basicly forgiven Teal'c, and had decided to rejoin the SGC. It's probably reasonable to assume that by the time of that Apophis episode, he was a fair bit more comfortable with the fact, and had accepted that at least now she wasn't being controlled and enslaved by the Gou'auld any more.
And from what I understand, that whole "leave SG1, return to SG1, forgive Teal'c, start looking for the boy" bit happened while the hand device was operating? IE all in his head? Or do I misunderstand the episode.

yes but it still helped him cope with the fact that she was about to die...

and it's not like every ep is the next day, for all we know a month could have passed between her death and the time that they meet Apophis again.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:

yes but it still helped him cope with the fact that she was about to die...
I just wanted to make sure I had that part right. That episode confuses me sometimes :)
and it's not like every ep is the next day, for all we know a month could have passed between her death and the time that they meet Apophis again.
Exactly.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:and it's not like every ep is the next day, for all we know a month could have passed between her death and the time that they meet Apophis again.
Several episodes reference weeks or months between events, and a lot of individual episodes cover several days; even weeks.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

yup, so the likely hood that Jackson had come to terms with his wife's death by the time Apophis resurfaces are pretty good.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.