SG1-season 1

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SG1-season 1

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:Well, I've finished season one with a burning question, why did SG 1 abandon so many potential weapons and tech? Seems a couple of episodes they could have brought back items (even if non functional) that could maybe have been reverse engineered.
I know that later on, they have crates full of Zats and dozens of the staff weapons. What else did they fail to take? :?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The question Mark is a question raised IU and is the reason for the creation of one of the series' less talked about villains.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So I need to keep watching in order to find out?

By the way, I dig those zats, but one things i'm wondering. One shot "stuns", two "kill", and three "disintegrate". Well, how long between single shots must you wait for them not to be lethal? You guys follow what I'm saying?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:By the way, I dig those zats, but one things i'm wondering. One shot "stuns", two "kill", and three "disintegrate". Well, how long between single shots must you wait for them not to be lethal? You guys follow what I'm saying?
Right. I think it's just a few minutes, then the target can be stunned again.

Monroe - a villain from what season? I still haven't seen 5-7, so...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mark wrote:Well, I've finished season one with a burning question, why did SG 1 abandon so many potential weapons and tech? Seems a couple of episodes they could have brought back items (even if non functional) that could maybe have been reverse engineered.
I know that later on, they have crates full of Zats and dozens of the staff weapons. What else did they fail to take? :?
Not to spoil, but they do indeed use lots of alien tech. Particularly in the later seasons. The Zats, for example, practicaly become the basic sidearm.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

My stunt with the Staff weapons would have been to reverse engineer the power supply in their tips. Use it as a form of battery for laptops, equipment, etc.

With one of those power supplies, you get a laptop battery that is good for 30 years, and they mean without recharging. Rechargeable batteries for radios can be recharged via a hand-held gizmo, heavier electronic gear won't need fancy generators, etc. Just leave all the plugs the same, and modify the electrical outlets to incorporate Staff Power supplies. No need to change the equipment, so that hides a potential leak.

The Zats should have been reengineered as well into actual pistols or under-rifle mounts.

One person's Stargate/X-Com story had a couple other uses for the extra Staff-weapons. If you cut it down to just the weapon, and add iron sights and a proper grip, it makes a decent rifle. The other option involved 6 Staffs Weapons, gatling style. :twisted:
XSGCom:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)