Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by McAvoy »

To me, I just got hooked into it. Don't really think of it as a soap opera myself. Just a period show with drama. And I do like the Victorian / Edwardian Era. The before and after WW1 and thd lead up to WW2.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The New Mutants (2020): XMen franchaise is truly dead with this stinker! Poor Maise Williams, a stunning performance through eight seasons of Game of Thrones and now this...hoping for better for her down the road.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

T'Pau wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:33 pm The New Mutants (2020): XMen franchaise is truly dead with this stinker! Poor Maise Williams, a stunning performance through eight seasons of Game of Thrones and now this...hoping for better for her down the road.
I don't think I ever even heard of that one.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Today was a double feature: "Lego's Star Wars Holiday..."which lacked the snap and snark of the other LEGO animation films, but was entertaining enough for 45mins.
"Iron Mask"..a Jackie Chan/Arnold Schwatzenegger CGI extravaganza of Chinese fable and Russian fantasy, with far too much exposition done far too fast, out of sync sound and awful awful acting. Zero fun to watch, turned it off after 20 mins. $49 mil budget, $8 mil box office...Ka-BOOM!
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

T'Pau wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:07 am Today was a double feature: "Lego's Star Wars Holiday..."which lacked the snap and snark of the other LEGO animation films, but was entertaining enough for 45mins.
"Iron Mask"..a Jackie Chan/Arnold Schwatzenegger CGI extravaganza of Chinese fable and Russian fantasy, with far too much exposition done far too fast, out of sync sound and awful awful acting. Zero fun to watch, turned it off after 20 mins. $49 mil budget, $8 mil box office...Ka-BOOM!
Holy shit that's a nuclear box office bomb!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Weather was awful all day: wind and rain in buckets.

Double feature: "On The Rocks" and "Holidate": Sofia Coppola and Bill Murray team up again after 'Lost in Translation' for a comedy(????) where his daughter suspects her husband of cheating and hijinx ensue. Murray had some wonderful monologue moments, but as a comedy...epic fail! Left me with the same feeling as LiT: why did I spend that time in a miasma of unfocused plot?
The rom-com 'Holidate' was something from the Garry Marshall (RIP) playbook, and delivered exactly what it meant to be...silly but fun, and refreshingly light compared to OtRs.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Watched both Monsters Inc. movies. Just felt like it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The Croods 2: silly fun that doesn't require brain power...perfect wind down into the weekend.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Over the last few weeks: All of Game of Thrones. I'm still not sure why Darth Vader was guarding Cersei towards the end.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Best 'death match' fight ever was the Hound -vs- the Mountain, as the Keep came down in firey dragon-fueled rubble around them!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Holiday double feature while the storm howled outside:

Soul: another Pixar feel good animation palooza along the lines of Inside Out.. all the funny bits were in the trailer...ok, not great.

Wonder Woman '84: not as good as the first, felt like they had a list of what they wanted to feature from the comics (3 big points), and built a script around that, leaving it a bit shoe-horned and overly long. Watch for a mid-credits scene!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:09 pm Best 'death match' fight ever was the Hound -vs- the Mountain, as the Keep came down in firey dragon-fueled rubble around them!
Fan service. But it was definitely a highlight.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Alvin and the Chipmunks and I Am Legend. Both from 2007.

Enjoyed them both, but it was definitely one of the weirder double features I ever had. Singing chipmunks to zombie apocalypse.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Varthikes wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:05 am Alvin and the Chipmunks and I Am Legend. Both from 2007.

Enjoyed them both, but it was definitely one of the weirder double features I ever had. Singing chipmunks to zombie apocalypse.
That's quite the swing of genres. :D Hey, at least you liked them.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Saw 'Tenet' recently. Crazy film, i can't explain, yet I liked it. It's not the typical character driven type of story I favor but, it kept me interested somehow.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park