"TERMINATOR 6: Dark Fate" Trailer (2019)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

"TERMINATOR 6: Dark Fate" Trailer (2019)

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: "TERMINATOR 6: Dark Fate" Trailer (2019)

Post by McAvoy »

I honestly think this will be a bust. Just too many Terminator movies with all of their own time-line. Only the first two actually make sense (paradox aside).
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Isn't Cameron basing this on ignoring all the other Terminator movies apart from 1 and 2? Seems that he agrees with you...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Isn't Cameron basing this on ignoring all the other Terminator movies apart from 1 and 2? Seems that he agrees with you...
Still a solid "meh" from me....

It should have ended with 2, imho the story just doesn' t give anything more......and that is the problem with all the others....the appeal and story which made the first two great...has been told, there is nothing more to it and hence everything else is unnecessary.

It is not Shakespear...it is not a Machiavelian Game of Thrones.....it is a Killer Robot you cannot stop going back in time trying to kill you......frankly amazing they could pull it off twice...but this is it....nothing more to it, no matter how hard they try. That is why they always fail now...the material just doesn't give you enough for more than 2 movies.

And the first movie only worked anyhow because it came out in a time when the fear of a nuclear war and the results where still a thing and special effects made it worth watching. Same concept, even with modern CGI told to a modern audience....just wouldn't work.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Honestly the concept of the third movie was good. If only they had the original John Conner and Sarah Conner in it. Maybe Sarah Conner actually dying in the movie to save her son from Judgement Day would have been nice.

Or hell, have Judgement Day start in the middle of the movie and show the beginning of the resistance or something.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Also, Edward Furlong to Return to The Terminator Franchise in Terminator: Dark Fate
Straight from the film’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con, franchise creator and producer James Cameron has announced that Edward Furlong will return in the role of John Connor for the upcoming Terminator: Dark Fate. Furlong previously played the role in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, but sat out every subsequent sequel where the role was filled by Nick Stahl, Christian Bale, and Jason Clarke.
Terminator: Dark Fate to be "Rated R"
Straight from the panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Terminator: Dark Fate director Tim Miller has confirmed that the new film will indeed be rated R.

“The DNA of Terminator is an R-rated f***ing’ movie,” Miller said. “To not do it R feels disingenuous to the source material…We knew that was what the fans wanted and what we always wanted to do. I have so many takes of Linda saying f*ck!”
I still don't feel like I will watch this movie...
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: I still don't feel like I will watch this movie...
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think I'll be watching it either.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Nutso wrote: I still don't feel like I will watch this movie...
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think I'll be watching it either.
I was fully willing to give it a try but, that trailer, oh boy...
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yeah, I'm calling it - this movie will bomb. Maybe not a loss, but it could easily be one of those movies that just about breaks even or makes a modest profit, rather than being the big moneyspinner they're obviously hoping for.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think that is an accurate assessment. Too many Terminator movies with none of them connected to the other.

Probably be just like Dark Phoenix.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Yeah, I'm calling it - this movie will bomb. Maybe not a loss, but it could easily be one of those movies that just about breaks even or makes a modest profit, rather than being the big moneyspinner they're obviously hoping for.
Foreign markets will save it. "Terminator: Genisys" (God, what a stupid name!) had a worldwide box office of $432.1 million but, grossed only $89.7 million in the U.S.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/fran ... ab=summary
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I am so confused with the Terminator timeline after 2. If they solidly come out saying everything is non canon aside from 1 and 2 I will watch it with high hopes.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Teaos wrote:I am so confused with the Terminator timeline after 2. If they solidly come out saying everything is non canon aside from 1 and 2 I will watch it with high hopes.

See, it's totally clear!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park