Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot - trailer

Post by Bryan Moore »

When I was with my previous company a few years ago, I had a guy who worked for me (named Mikey, actually) who was a retired Army Ranger with some pretty significant PTSD, having been wounded 6 times on 5 continents, and having a propensity for fish stories. Having seen some of his scars and working with him on his schedule to accommodate for various medical appointments, I'm apt to believe most of what he said, and truly enjoyed the man. A lot of my colleagues, however, were quite skeptical at some of his military tales, and tended to bust him behind his back. At some point, one of my clerks asked where he was that day, if he was "off fighting Hitler," to which another manager replied, "He killed Hitler! And sasquatch... killed him too."

Maybe it was true... :wink:
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot - trailer

Post by Mikey »

Not me, I’m afraid. The closest story I have is a late uncle who was the absolute polar opposite of PTSD.It wasn’t until he was in his eighties that I even found out (by accident) that not only did he earn a Purple Heart in North Africa in WWII, but he managed to somehow beg/lie/wheedle his way into continuing his tour so he could participate in the invasion of Italy. Talking to the man, you’d peg him for the type of guy who scoops spiders up on sheets of paper to safely place them in the yard instead of killing them (and you’d be right.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer