'Ghostbusters 3' Teaser Trailer

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

'Ghostbusters 3' Teaser Trailer

Post by Nutso »

Director/writer Jason Reitman has unveiled a secret new teaser trailer for his next film GHOSTBUSTERS 3!

Ghostbusters resurrected: Jason Reitman will direct a new film set in the original universe
Entertainment Weekly has learned exclusively that Jason Reitman will direct and co-write an upcoming film set in the world that was saved decades previously by the proton pack-wearing working stiffs in the original 1984 movie, which was directed by his father, Ivan Reitman.

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,” Reitman says. “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

Sony Pictures has dated the film for Summer 2020, with plans to start shooting in a few months.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: 'Ghostbusters 3' Teaser Trailer

Post by Mikey »

This could go either way, but the presence of a Reitman gives me some assurance. I am intrigued to see the linkage from the original to the new one, I must admit.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:This could go either way, but the presence of a Reitman gives me some assurance. I am intrigued to see the linkage from the original to the new one, I must admit.
As long as it doesn't have 3 of the ugliest and most unfunny women in the world promoting girl power in a great franchise, it will be an improvement.

Man, I have grown so cynical over the years... but man I farking hate Wigg, McCarthy, and Jones with such passion.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Bryan Moore wrote:
Mikey wrote:This could go either way, but the presence of a Reitman gives me some assurance. I am intrigued to see the linkage from the original to the new one, I must admit.
As long as it doesn't have 3 of the ugliest and most unfunny women in the world promoting girl power in a great franchise, it will be an improvement.

Man, I have grown so cynical over the years... but man I farking hate Wigg, McCarthy, and Jones with such passion.
You know, I never saw the 2016 Ghostbusters. I saw the first trailer and did not laugh once. It was horrible. I don't know how the movie itself is, nor do I care.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:You know, I never saw the 2016 Ghostbusters. I saw the first trailer and did not laugh once. It was horrible. I don't know how the movie itself is, nor do I care.
I've seen it, it's rubbish. It's painfully obvious that an awful lot of the 'comedy' is improv, and it really doesn't work.

It also contains the line "He wasn't really Ghostbusters material." Which is said by one of the Ghostbuster women. About Bill Murray.

Think on that. This movie actually said that line... about Bill Murray.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Graham Kennedy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:You know, I never saw the 2016 Ghostbusters. I saw the first trailer and did not laugh once. It was horrible. I don't know how the movie itself is, nor do I care.
I've seen it, it's rubbish. It's painfully obvious that an awful lot of the 'comedy' is improv, and it really doesn't work.

It also contains the line "He wasn't really Ghostbusters material." Which is said by one of the Ghostbuster women. About Bill Murray.

Think on that. This movie actually said that line... about Bill Murray.

Thank you for helping me to solidify my stance of never seeing this dumpster fire EVER!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The 2016 reboot was so anti-original. All four female actors were basically playing improv slap stick comedy that was so out of the play it takes you out of the movie. The one crazy one (she always plays weird characters) was so annoying in how she acted like you felt there was no way she could be real functional member to society.

The original was funny through its seriousness in ridiculous situations. Something you can actually see a real person saying. All four could actually be people.

The original did not go out of its way to demean anyone or anything. Janine was a strong, smart, no bullshit character. Then you got dumb-as-hell Thor in the new one who was a weak attempt to make him into a dumb blonde trope but went way way overboard with it.

I caught part of it a couple of weeks ago and it was towards the end. Perfect case in point. All four were marching into the domain of the bad guy, walking like bad asses and then Wiggs character falls down because she stepped in gum. Stepped in gum. You never fall down or slip because of gum. But the director thought it would be funny.

That pretty much sums the whole movie.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:The 2016 reboot was so anti-original. All four female actors were basically playing improv slap stick comedy that was so out of the play it takes you out of the movie. The one crazy one (she always plays weird characters) was so annoying in how she acted like you felt there was no way she could be real functional member to society.

The original was funny through its seriousness in ridiculous situations. Something you can actually see a real person saying. All four could actually be people.

The original did not go out of its way to demean anyone or anything. Janine was a strong, smart, no bullshit character. Then you got dumb-as-hell Thor in the new one who was a weak attempt to make him into a dumb blonde trope but went way way overboard with it.

I caught part of it a couple of weeks ago and it was towards the end. Perfect case in point. All four were marching into the domain of the bad guy, walking like bad asses and then Wiggs character falls down because she stepped in gum. Stepped in gum. You never fall down or slip because of gum. But the director thought it would be funny.

Wow. That's bad. I mean I'm not exactly a ballet dancer, but gum?! Yeesh!

And yeah. Agreed 100% on the first one. It felt so... real, for lack of a better term.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
McAvoy wrote:The 2016 reboot was so anti-original. All four female actors were basically playing improv slap stick comedy that was so out of the play it takes you out of the movie. The one crazy one (she always plays weird characters) was so annoying in how she acted like you felt there was no way she could be real functional member to society.

Wow. That's bad. I mean I'm not exactly a ballet dancer, but gum?! Yeesh!

And yeah. Agreed 100% on the first one. It felt so... real, for lack of a better term.
Yep. But I mean the whole movie is filled with those types of situations. McCarthy's character had some weird obsession with not enough dumplings in the soup. Like three scenes like that. I get it, I have gotten the soup and it's mostly just broth. But scenes like that just makes it awkward.

Like I said it did its very best to the complete opposite of the original.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"