From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Captain Marvel Official Trailer

Post by Teaos »

Saw it, 7.2 out of 10.

For me its the same as the first Captain America. Slow start, bit muddied story line, ok movie with a ok cast and ok writing. Enjoyed it but won't rewatch it like I did with Thor Rag or Spiderman or Avengers.

It was a bit low for a Marvel movie, but that is a pretty high bar to pass in general but it wasnt bad by any means.

Sad to say in a girl power movie Samuel L Jackson stole the show.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Hopefully I can see it Monday. I'm really looking forward to it. :)
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Will see tomorrow
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Will be seeing it either this week or next.

In general I am not that hyped up about the movie. I know Marvel has been pushing her in the comics to be more of a A-list character. But honestly to me, she will always be the person where Rogue got her powers from and that's it.

Going to see it really since it's a lead up to Endgame.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Good thing for me, McAvoy, I don't read comics. :P

Anyway, saw it this afternoon. Loved it. Carol kicked seventeen different kinds of ass.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Good thing for me, McAvoy, I don't read comics. :P

Anyway, saw it this afternoon. Loved it. Carol kicked seventeen different kinds of ass.
I am sure she did. She is being pushed as basically an anti Thanos type of character for the movies.

Comics, she would have struggled against even Thor. She wasn't considered that overwhelming.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I don't think I've ever read a comic with Carol in it. :D
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Saw it last night.

To be honest I fell asleep in the beginning around where she arrives at Earth. So I missed the train fight and Stan Lee's cameo.

Brie Larson I don't know if she was acting purposefully to be bland due to her being trained as a Kree and not show emotion. Or that is how she acts. The only movie I have of her is the Kong movie from a few years ago. I may re-watch that to see how she is in that.

When it comes to this movie, I don't see some sort of feminist theme in it like some thought there would be. I mean she's a character trying to find her way after finding out she is from Earth and not a Kree. I read an review how great it is to see a great female/female friendship finally in Marvel. If you have to dig that deep for some feminist confirmation then that's just peanuts.

Its not like Carol went around man bashing or saying she needs no man or whatever cliche there is. What I saw was a character trying to figure out who she really was and what side she truly was on. Her friendship with another woman seemed to be a natural thing that we all see day to day.

Also I called it!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Just seen it with Ian, we both ranked it as very good. Not the best Marvel movie, but probably top five.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...