Captain Marvel Official Trailer

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Captain Marvel Official Trailer

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Captain Marvel Official Trailer

Post by Nutso »

You posted a link to a top ten Hulk moments above.

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Nutso wrote:You posted a link to a top ten Hulk moments above.
Not sure how that happened; I got that from the link at marvel.com. Thanks for the correction anyway
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Meh, while the glimpse of (I think) Phil Coulson has me a little tempted, I think Infinity War left things in a nice enough place for me to consider the MCU done and wrapped up.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Griffin wrote:Meh, while the glimpse of (I think) Phil Coulson has me a little tempted, I think Infinity War left things in a nice enough place for me to consider the MCU done and wrapped up.
The things I noticed were Jude Law, Skrulls, and Ronan. Completely missed young Phil there.

By the way, I do feel the same about the MCU. The characters probably won't face a worse danger than a guy who murders half the universe. Where can they go from here but, wrap it up and start anew. However that doesn't seem to be the plan, since there's a Phase 4 to come. Or is this phase 4? I don't know anymore.

I seen people speculate that this is the end for Robert Downey Jr., and Chris Evans. I can't imagine never seeing that particular Tony Stark not to mention who will replace him. Good luck to whomever gets that gig.
Last edited by Nutso on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Not sure how that happened; I got that from the link at marvel.com. Thanks for the correction anyway
Hey, no problem. Also, if you want to use the Video button to make a thumbnail appear for youtube links, change your link into: https://www.youtube.com/embed/963XK_jvBbA

So replace "watch?v=" with "embed/"
Stan - South Park
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Nutso wrote:
Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Hey, no problem. Also, if you want to use the Video button to make a thumbnail appear for youtube links, change your link into: https://www.youtube.com/embed/963XK_jvBbA

So replace "watch?v=" with "embed/"
Right. I shot that post off as I was about to go off to work so I didn't even think about that.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I like that. Fun moment with the pan down to a Blockbuster sign at the start, what a great visual way to signify when this is set - especially in something aimed at movie fans.

Don't know much of anything about Captain Marvel. I do like that they kind of are doing an origin story, but also aren't - much as they did with Star Lord, it seems she's already powered and whatnot when the movie starts, but unaware of her previous life. So you'll learn about her previous life in flashbacks, I'm guessing, as she remembers stuff? Which would nicely avoid the "here's 40 minutes of origin story... now we have to think of what to do for the rest of the movie."

Oh, and it's a small thing but the way they turned HER into A HERO was quite clever. Made me smile.

All in all this has me interested to see the movie.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Does anyone think this movie will tease us with Nick Fury's eye? Like moments where something is flying at his face, only to miss?
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

This movie is setting up for Avengers 4. She will be in the next one. Probably be a key to defeating Thanos. Though technically Thanos (MCU version) probably will have issues dealing with Captain Marvel, Thor and the possibility of the Hulk whether it's Professor Hulk or World War Hulk.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I like that. Fun moment with the pan down to a Blockbuster sign at the start, what a great visual way to signify when this is set - especially in something aimed at movie fans.

Don't know much of anything about Captain Marvel. I do like that they kind of are doing an origin story, but also aren't - much as they did with Star Lord, it seems she's already powered and whatnot when the movie starts, but unaware of her previous life. So you'll learn about her previous life in flashbacks, I'm guessing, as she remembers stuff? Which would nicely avoid the "here's 40 minutes of origin story... now we have to think of what to do for the rest of the movie."

Oh, and it's a small thing but the way they turned HER into A HERO was quite clever. Made me smile.

This isnt a Captain Marvel origin movie. It's a Nick Fury origin movie. Or so they say...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:I like that. Fun moment with the pan down to a Blockbuster sign at the start, what a great visual way to signify when this is set - especially in something aimed at movie fans.

This isnt a Captain Marvel origin movie. It's a Nick Fury origin movie. Or so they say...
So we will see how he lost that eye?! I say office stapler fight. Wayward flying staple got him.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

He poked his eye out trying to put on a pair of sun glasses.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence