RIP Burt Reynolds

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

RIP Burt Reynolds

Post by Graham Kennedy »

BBC
Burt Reynolds, the wisecracking 1970s movie heartthrob and Oscar nominee, has died at the age of 82.
He reportedly passed away in a Florida hospital from a heart attack with his family by his side.
The moustachioed megastar had undergone heart bypass surgery in 2010. Reynolds is survived by his son, Quinton.
He shot to fame in 1972's Deliverance, and became a Hollywood legend with his roles in Smokey and the Bandit, The Cannonball Run and Boogie Nights.
Such a shame. I have good memories of watching the Bandit movies with Ian as a kid. And The Longest Yard, which we all thought was absolutely hilarious.

And of course he could do serious just as well as comic, as Deliverance makes clear.

A damn shame he had such a poor track record in picking scripts. He deserved to have a better career than he did.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: RIP Burt Reynolds

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Ah, damn. I too loved Smokey and the Bandit. :( A rather good actor. RIP, Burt. Burn rubber in heaven and jump those Pearly Gates!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: RIP Burt Reynolds

Post by Mikey »

And Gator, and Stick, and Sharky's Machine, and of course a great guest arc on "Archer..."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer