Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Predator | Teaser Trailer [HD]

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yeah... just not getting any kind of good vibe from this movie.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Yeah... just not getting any kind of good vibe from this movie.
But there's a biggerer Predator, Graham.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:Yeah... just not getting any kind of good vibe from this movie.
But there's a biggerer Predator, Graham.
I guess they must have been inspired by the amazingly positive fan response to the bigerer Predator in the last movie.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I've actually only seen the first Predator movie. Liked it enough, but just never got into the franchise.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I've actually only seen the first Predator movie. Liked it enough, but just never got into the franchise.
The first Predator is one of my favourite movies of all time. It's not often realised but it's actually a rather clever deconstruction of standard Arnie-style action movies, and just an all-around smart movie. None of the subsequent films ever came close to being as smart or complicated as the original Predator was.

Predator 2 is an okay sci-fi action movie, which is about as good as the subsequent sequels, prequels and spin-offs ever got.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I've actually only seen the first Predator movie. Liked it enough, but just never got into the franchise.
The first Predator is one of my favourite movies of all time. It's not often realised but it's actually a rather clever deconstruction of standard Arnie-style action movies, and just an all-around smart movie. None of the subsequent films ever came close to being as smart or complicated as the original Predator was.

Predator 2 is an okay sci-fi action movie, which is about as good as the subsequent sequels, prequels and spin-offs ever got.
I did know of the deconstruction aspect of it. And yeah. It is damned clever in that regard. Overall yeah, it really is a really good movie.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Maybe in the next movie there will be a super-super-predator that will be like 30 feet tall. Then it will be even betterer.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Maybe in the next movie there will be a super-super-predator that will be like 30 feet tall. Then it will be even betterer.
Maybe the Uber-Predator of the next one will breathe fire, and crap lightning? He'll take off his helmet, put on a monocle and read Dickens aloud. He'll be the Culture Predator, the most dangerous of all.
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Perhaps all the predators to date have been children and Dad is showing up to tell them off for fighting with their pets.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

There's one thing that could kind of work. In the novels/comics, apparently the female Predators are much larger and more aggressive than the males. Indeed the males are often killed whilst trying to mate. So perhaps this is a lady Predator?
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:There's one thing that could kind of work. In the novels/comics, apparently the female Predators are much larger and more aggressive than the males. Indeed the males are often killed whilst trying to mate. So perhaps this is a lady Predator?
I have to ask, what do the females look like?
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

As far as I know much like the males but about nine feet tall, two feet taller than the males.