Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - Official Trailer

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - Official Trailer

Post by Nutso »

The best intentions often come back to haunt you. MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - FALLOUT finds Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his IMF team (Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames) along with some familiar allies (Rebecca Ferguson, Michelle Monaghan) in a race against time after a mission gone wrong. Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett, and Vanessa Kirby also join the dynamic cast with filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie returning to the helm.
I can't wait to see that Cavillstache that brought down the DCEU in action.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018) - Official Trailer

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Gotta say, that looks kind of boring.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

If only for the mustache I might see it. okay, probably not-I've never watched any of these movies. But hey, cool mustache that killed a shared universe!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I still can’t believe they keep making these movies.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

None of these were good (first was best, but still nothing I'd watch again)... I know they keep making money, but I'm not sure exactly who these appeal to?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I thought the first was bad, it wasn't really a mission impossible film. I quite liked the second one. I also liked the last one. One day they'll actually make one where the mission impossible team actually do an impossible mission that actually works.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Yeah, basically every single Mission Impossible movie involves the team screwing up, being betrayed, being disowned by the government, dealing with some sort of traitor within... basically everything BUT going out and doing an actual Impossible Mission successfully. The one thing the series did pretty much every week.

I have a fond Mission Impossible memory... Remember it Ian? They had to steal a large pile of gold bars from a safe without being detected. So they drilled a hole a few inches across in from the bottom, and then stuck a device up through the hole with super powerful heating elements that melted the gold! Let it pour through the hole and cast it back into bars beneath.

And all the way through we were watching and saying "But there will be some residual gold left on the floor. They'll never get it all out!"

We came up with every theory you could imagine. A scraper would come out of the device and scrape the last gold out. Or the producers would just cheat and say every drop drained out.

And then the finished, waited for the gold to set hard... and a sprinkler in the top of their device sprayed a layer of paint over the gold. Just as it finished they pulled it down so the top was level with the floor, and the paint covered it over.

So simple! So clever! Ludicrously impractical in the real world of course, but brilliant!

That's what the Mission Impossible movies miss, IMO. MI was never about running around shooting people and having car chases. It was about outwitting bad guys in such a way that they ended up massively screwed over with no way to escape it, or better yet, didn't even know they'd been screwed over.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Oh yes, I do remember. Superb.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well said, GK. While I don’t recall the episode you mention, I agree with your assertion that the MI movies are such in name only, and completely miss the spirit of the show.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Having never seen the TV series, these films are just an action movie franchise for me. Most of the entries are forgettable (indeed, I've forgotten much about many of them!) though the last to date (Rogue Nation, the seventh in series) I liked.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ha, found it! It's called The Mercenaries, and the whole thing is viewable on Dailymotion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fyytd

The scene I'm talking about is around minute 27.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park