From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mother!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So Ian and I just watched this.

Our feelings are perhaps best summed up by this :

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Mother!

Post by Mikey »

Yeah, I'm forced to ask: What did you expect? All the trailers and associated hype looked just terrible.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mother!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Mikey wrote:Yeah, I'm forced to ask: What did you expect? All the trailers and associated hype looked just terrible.
The trailers are actually very misleading. They imply a story about how this couple turn up and play psychological games with the protagonists, but it's really not that at all. In fact there really isn't a story at all, at least not in the conventional sense. I mean, there is, but the entire movie is essentially a giant metaphor.

It's difficult to explain without giving the whole thing away. Actually I've come to appreciate the movie more now I've had time to think over what it was doing. I still won't say I liked it, but it was clever, at least, and I can see what he was going for.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...