Rami Malek will play Freddie Mercury in the Queen Biopic

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Rami Malek will play Freddie Mercury in the Queen Biopic

Post by Nutso »

http://screenrant.com/queen-movie-bryan ... ami-malek/

Who is Rami Malek? The creepy staring guy from USA Network's Mr. Robot.

A Queen movie biopic is officially happening at last. Queen enjoyed a long run throughout the ‘70s and ‘80s as one of the more significant bands of the rock era. They had hits that included “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “We Will Rock You”, “We Are the Champions”, “Fat Bottomed Girls” and many more that have endured, from classic rock radio to sports stadiums, to this day. Perhaps the biggest element of Queen’s success was Freddie Mercury, one of rock’s most talented, flamboyant and charismatic frontmen.
Originally Freddie Mercury was set to be played by Sacha Baron Cohen but, he dropped when he realized the surviving band-mates were intent on the movie having Freddie Mercury die in the middle of it, and the second half of the movie would be about how the band moved on.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news ... c-20160308
"A member of the band, I won't say who, he said, 'This is such a great movie because it's got such an amazing thing that happens in the middle of the movie,'" Cohen recalled. "I go, 'What happens in the middle of the movie?' He goes, 'Freddie dies.'" While Cohen assumed the band meant the film would be structured non-linearly like Pulp Fiction, he soon realized that they wanted the second half of the film to focus on how Queen carried on after Mercury's death in 1991.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Rami Malek will play Freddie Mercury in the Queen Biopic

Post by Bryan Moore »

Don't know him, but I could envision this easily enough. Cannot wait for this decade-in-the-making movie!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?