The Hunt for Red October

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The Hunt for Red October

Post by Meste17 »

I agree. I just thought it would be an interesting premise for fan-fiction, as we have seen the Romulan defector in said TNG episode. I just like both Star Trek and Star Wars so much, and since The Hunt for Red October was one of my favorite non-Trek movies ....
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Which makes me think, what would happen if Crimson Tide was made into a Star Trek story? XD lol
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I dunno. Picard said that a Romulan defector was almost a contradiction in terms, and yet I'd consider that more likely than a Klingon defector myself. With the Klingons you have to have personal reasons compelling enough for the "wolves to lie down with the sheep", as Klingons see it. I can't see defections from either one being common - and certainly not defections that are accompanied by "several billion dollars worth of Klingon state property", as the movie put it.
I agree Graham. Hence, I would find it more likely that a Klingon would take, as you have quoted, ""several billion dollars worth of Klingon state property", and bring it straight to Starfleet, cuz if it WAS intended to be a prototype to attack the Federation and they wouldn't know anything about it, then Ra'mius would find it to be dishonorable and a ploy by the smooth headed Klingons to seize control of the Empire and as I would put it "put the bumpy headed Klingons in their place," as you have stated yourself that smooth headed Klingons do often use underhanded tactics, and maybe Ra'mius would, to quote Capt Davenport from the Red October movie, "sail on up, pop open the hatch and say here I am." He WOULD have sufficient reason to do that, as how you put it, cuz he believes in TRUE honor, like Worf and Klingons and his ilk, and if K'tinga was intended to be part of an attack on the Federation, as you put in your notes on the class, then if I were Ra'mius, I'd say, "to hell with this, SoH 'ach reH vISov 'ej bach vabDot vIq ta' 'e' bImejnIS Hoch," which would translate from Klingon as, "you are the most cowardly sons of bitches I have ever known and you all need to be shot for even thinking such a thing!"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

*sigh* Hunt for Red October is a guilty pleasure movie of mine. When it is showing and I click past it with the remote, I always pause and watch. Strangely it was one of my first introductions to Sean "Ooo Baby" Connery and it was love at first sight. Maybe it was the uniform, maybe it was the best toupee to date that he has worn in any film (heaven help him for that mess he wore in Medicine Man). But because of the film, I recently watched all of the Bond films that I'd never seen. It was strange to see him so young and now I understand how he became the Bond standard to beat.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

T'Pau wrote:*sigh* Hunt for Red October is a guilty pleasure movie of mine. When it is showing and I click past it with the remote, I always pause and watch. Strangely it was one of my first introductions to Sean "Ooo Baby" Connery and it was love at first sight. Maybe it was the uniform, maybe it was the best toupee to date that he has worn in any film (heaven help him for that mess he wore in Medicine Man). But because of the film, I recently watched all of the Bond films that I'd never seen. It was strange to see him so young and now I understand how he became the Bond standard to beat.
When it comes to Connery, nothing beats this :

I don't think I've ever heard You laugh so much!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Lol nice!
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Graham Kennedy wrote: When it comes to Connery, nothing beats this :

What the Hell is that movie?
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

DarkMoineau wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote: When it comes to Connery, nothing beats this :

What the Hell is that movie?
What the-

Well, thanks, Dark. That's just what I was gonna ask.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

That is the wonderful movie called Zardoz. I strongly recommend that you see it if you can. It is a work of genuine loopiness that only the 70s could have produced.

Here's another shot of Connery from the movie :

Yes, he walks around dressed like that. Apparently after Bond he was offered a lot of "tough guy spy" roles and feared being typecast. So he chose the movie that was least like that. And boy is Zardoz SO not like that. In spades.

And here's one of the early scenes :

And you know the most weird thing about it? Underneath all the utterly bizarre trappings, there's actually a pretty decent sci-fi story in there.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Zardoz sounds like a medication you take for shingles, and "the penis is evil" sounds like a soundbite from a feminist rally, but my curiosity is piqued.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

And Sean Connery refused Lord of the Ring after having accepted that??

Well.... Strange man ^^
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

mwhittington wrote:Zardoz sounds like a medication you take for shingles, and "the penis is evil" sounds like a soundbite from a feminist rally, but my curiosity is piqued.
I always thought "The Gun is Good. The Penis is Evil" would make a good slogan for the NRA.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:That is the wonderful movie called Zardoz. I strongly recommend that you see it if you can. It is a work of genuine loopiness that only the 70s could have produced.

Here's another shot of Connery from the movie :

Yes, he walks around dressed like that. Apparently after Bond he was offered a lot of "tough guy spy" roles and feared being typecast. So he chose the movie that was least like that. And boy is Zardoz SO not like that. In spades.

And here's one of the early scenes :

And you know the most weird thing about it? Underneath all the utterly bizarre trappings, there's actually a pretty decent sci-fi story in there.
Graham, did you somehow dose me through the screen?!
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
mwhittington wrote:Zardoz sounds like a medication you take for shingles, and "the penis is evil" sounds like a soundbite from a feminist rally, but my curiosity is piqued.
I always thought "The Gun is Good. The Penis is Evil" would make a good slogan for the NRA.
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Lol