Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Official Trailer #2

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Official Trailer #2

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Little secret about me - I am a total sucker for positive father/son themes in movies. I absolutely hate the "lazy idiot dad who hates his wife and kids" thing (I'm looking at you, Raymond. No, not everybody loves you.) One of my al time favourite scenes in cinema history is Brandon's Jor-El saying goodbye to his kid. "The son becomes the father, and the father the son."

So you can imagine how the ending of this movie hit me. I teared up, I honestly did. :oops:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Fun little fact. Those heads of the Ravagers? Those were the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the comics. Yondu was part of them back in the day, too. :D I still can't believe they got Stallone for that! :D
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Fun little fact. Those heads of the Ravagers? Those were the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the comics. Yondu was part of them back in the day, too. :D I still can't believe they got Stallone for that! :D
They got Stallone for Stakar, Michelle Yeoh for Aleta, Ving Rhames for Charlie 27, Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor from Smallville) to play Matinex, and there's a rumor that Miley Cyrus was the voice of Mainframe. I don't know who voiced Krugarr. That was a nice shoutout to the conic fans.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Fun little fact. Those heads of the Ravagers? Those were the original Guardians of the Galaxy from the comics. Yondu was part of them back in the day, too. :D I still can't believe they got Stallone for that! :D
They got Stallone for Stakar, Michelle Yeoh for Aleta, Ving Rhames for Charlie 27, Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor from Smallville) to play Matinex, and there's a rumor that Miley Cyrus was the voice of Mainframe. I don't know who voiced Krugarr. That was a nice shoutout to the conic fans.
Very nice. One they didn't even have to do, but did. :D

Also, the way Stakar said, "YOU BETRAYED THE CODE!" I've seen at more than one place, they would've wanted Yondu to have said, "COOOOOODE?!" :D