MCU down the road a bit...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

MCU down the road a bit...

Post by Mikey »

So, Oscar-winner Brie Larson has been cast as the eponymous Captain Marvel for the 2019 film. This gives me great hope that the MCU's first female lead will be character-centric, and not focus on filling spandex. Not that she's unattractive, but she's certainly been cast for her chops more than anything else.

*EDIT* OMG, just had the most awesomely obnoxious idea. Marvel should make this film, featuring the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel. Plus, Include one of the extraterrestrial Captain Marvels in the next GotG. Then, make a film with Kamala Khan - i.e., Ms. Marvel, which name used to belong to Carol Danvers, the current Captain Marvel. Plus, convince DC to include in one of their films Shazam, a.k.a. - you guessed it - Captain Marvel.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: MCU down the road a bit...

Post by Atekimogus »

Mehh.....first I think they should have done a Black Widow movie for the "first female lead".

That being said...I was rooting for Yvonne Strahovski simply because I liked her from Chuck.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Despite her being named after cheese, I like the decision a lot. She's a phenomenal actress, and by all appearances is very much into playing Captain Marvel.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:So, Oscar-winner Brie Larson has been cast as the eponymous Captain Marvel for the 2019 film. This gives me great hope that the MCU's first female lead will be character-centric, and not focus on filling spandex. Not that she's unattractive, but she's certainly been cast for her chops more than anything else.

*EDIT* OMG, just had the most awesomely obnoxious idea. Marvel should make this film, featuring the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel. Plus, Include one of the extraterrestrial Captain Marvels in the next GotG. Then, make a film with Kamala Khan - i.e., Ms. Marvel, which name used to belong to Carol Danvers, the current Captain Marvel. Plus, convince DC to include in one of their films Shazam, a.k.a. - you guessed it - Captain Marvel.
I would pay all the money if they did this. :D