From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Joseph Fiennes Will Be Michael Jackson in a New Drama

Post by Nutso »

http://vilays.com/joseph-fiennes-will-b ... -new-drama

The one on the left is Joseph Fiennes.
Joseph Fiennes will co-star with Brian Cox and Stockard Channing in a new British television drama.

The rumor has it that Michael Jackson, Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor made a road trip from New York to Ohio.

Jackson had invited the two actors to see him perform in the big apple just before 9/11 and right after the attack, the three of them tried to make it to California with a rented car.

They just made it as far as Ohio. This is supposed to be a true story and now Ben Palmer is directing the new film, which is called: “Elizabeth, Michael, and Marlon.”

The screenplay is written by Neil Forsyth, Sky Arts is the production company and Ralf Little is the executive producer.

Despite the child molestation accusations (for which he was never convicted), Michael Jackson was one of the most popular pop stars of the twentieth century. “Thriller” alone sold over 30 million copies. Now Fiennes is called to impersonate him in a film, which we all anticipate to watch. Cox will play Brando and Channing Taylor.

The young actor is famous from his role in “Shakespeare in Love”, which won 7 awards in the 1998 Oscars.
Oh my God! Michael Jackson, Marlon Brando and Elizabeth Taylor on a road trip? Who did the driving? Who did the entertaining on this 500 mile road trip during 9/11? Did Brando do some of his quotes? Did Michael sing? Did Elizabeth Taylor... er, pay for everything? What bathrooms did they use? Did they stay life-long friends?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Joseph Fiennes Will Be Michael Jackson in a New Drama

Post by McAvoy »

I like Joseph Fiennes. Should be interesting how he can do something like Michael Jackson
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Huge controversy in this.

I dont get it. Jackson even at his core is a black man, he looked like a white man his last 20 years.

Basically what this comes down to me, is that black community doesn't want a white man playing a black man because of the 'black face' thing. But they are ok having a black man portraying a white man in all but genetics. As in 'white face'.

Of course there is a certain two movies. One about two black men acting like stereotypical white girls and no one really cared. Then you got a movie about a movie where a white man plays black man.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:Huge controversy in this.

I dont get it. Jackson even at his core is a black man, he looked like a white man his last 20 years.

Basically what this comes down to me, is that black community doesn't want a white man playing a black man because of the 'black face' thing. But they are ok having a black man portraying a white man in all but genetics. As in 'white face'.

Of course there is a certain two movies. One about two black men acting like stereotypical white girls and no one really cared. Then you got a movie about a movie where a white man plays black man.
To be fair, he looked more like a white woman towards his end. Maybe that chick from Twilight should play him?
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Sounded like one too.

The point is that he looked white and a white person will fit because a black man will not look like him unless they adopt a white face themselves.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I guess. I still think the bigger deal is that Michael Jackson, Marlon Brando, and Elizabeth Taylor were on a 500 mile road trip. Brando was obviously the driver. Which means it was the job of the other two to entertain him. Did Michael sing songs? Was Elizabeth Taylor drunk?
Stan - South Park