Independence Day: Resurgence | Official Trailer [HD]

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Independence Day: Resurgence | Official Trailer [HD]

Post by Nutso »

Published on Dec 13, 2015

We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global spectacle on an unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But nothing can prepare us for the aliens’ advanced and unprecedented force. Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back from the brink of extinction.

In Theaters - June 24, 2016

Cast: Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox, Brent Spiner, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward

Directed by Roland Emmerich
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Independence Day: Resurgence | Official Trailer [HD]

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Considering the last movie said that it was their whole civilization that we destroyed, I really didn't know they would be back! :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

As I said elsewhere, I really wish that this trailer had me more excited about this film. Unfortunately it just ain't so.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

This has my interest. I unabashedly love the first one, and this one is very tempting.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I actually quite liked the first, even though it has massive silliness attached to it. We'll have to see what this one brings.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Problem is that the first one is about an alien invasion and how we fight back. Destruction of our cities and military. This one is about us fighting back with space fighters and energy weapons in 2015.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well it does make sense. Independence Day ended with dozens of alien spaceships crashed all over the world. Even with them wrecked and burned out, there must have been a shedload of alien technology left over. Twenty years to play with it, it's no surprise that we'd have green-ball-shooting guns and funky space engines and stuff.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Not saying that it makes sense in that world I am taking about the concept of aliens invading our world and blowing stuff up with what we got now. As in like the first movie.

I like the look of the new fighters though. Very cool
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

A list of the destroyed cities was compiled from the official website:

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Oh noes, they blew Liverpool up! My home town! You maniacs, you blew it up! Ah damn you! God damn you all to hell!

On the upside they also blew Birmingham up, so that's probably a net gain overall. :)

And poor old Las Vegas, destroyed on the last day! As somebody once said, a suitably biblical ending to the place!

Wonder what the casualties in all those cities adds up to? Even factoring in that a lot of people abandoned the cities before the first attack, and most everyone would get clear afterwards, it has to something like 70 - 100 million? Equal or better than World War II, but condensed into three days. That surely would make quite an impression on the world afterwards!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well nice to know my movie version of me survived.

Chances are I would be in the military for this movie working on those cool planes.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sucks Boston was destroyed, but I think the rest of New England survived. Yay, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yay, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard!
Maybe not, depending on the yield. To destroy a city the size of LA or New York, their main weapon would have to have a radius of effect similar to a 100 Mt nuclear weapon, possibly more. Hit Boston with something like that and Portsmouth might catch the edge of it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Hmm, I wonder if I'd be taken out in the Philadelphia hit. What would you estimate as the destructive radius?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I'd guesstimate it at close to fifty miles, eyeballing from nukmap, possibly more depending on how far it would need to reach to destroy the whole of San Francisco, which itself depends on what's considered SF and what's considered a separate town/city that's started merging with it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.