Captain America: Civil War - Official Trailer #1 (2016)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Captain America: Civil War - Official Trailer #1 (2016)

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Captain America: Civil War - Official Trailer #1 (2016)

Post by Atekimogus »

Looks great, I am defenitely looking forward to this one!

I just wish they'd be more consistent with their superheroes capabilites. Especially Iron Man goes from slugging it out with Thor to getting beat up by Captain America and the Winter Soldier. Seems a bit inconsistent.

Unrelated...anyone ever explained how in Thor 1 the god of Thunder gets tasered? I always found that incredibly ironic and hilarious.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Atekimogus wrote:Looks great, I am defenitely looking forward to this one!

I just wish they'd be more consistent with their superheroes capabilites. Especially Iron Man goes from slugging it out with Thor to getting beat up by Captain America and the Winter Soldier. Seems a bit inconsistent.

Unrelated...anyone ever explained how in Thor 1 the god of Thunder gets tasered? I always found that incredibly ironic and hilarious.
Perhaps iron man is holding back in this fight?

Wasn't Thor tasered on Earth? I ask leads thought he lost a bit of his godliness when he was first excited.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Atekimogus wrote:Looks great, I am defenitely looking forward to this one!

Looking at the setting, Iron Man is indoors, in a tight space, plus you have to consider he isn't in kill-mode like he is against Ultrons, aliens, or terrorists. Cap is a friend after all. His fight against Thor was out in the open so he can do his flying, and then Thor's lightning attack increased Iron Man's battery by 400%, and Thor was a stranger who stole from him. In the trailer, he is in a tight space fight against a master assassin with a robot-arm, and a literal super soldier who in that trailer is holding down a helicopter with one arm, and grabbing onto a ledge with the other arm. Winter Soldier and Cap are working in tandem with with that shield as well.
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Yes, I believe Thor was temporarily stripped of his godhead when he was tasered. Umm, BTW... is NOBODY going to mention how badass T'challa looks?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Mikey wrote:Yes, I believe Thor was temporarily stripped of his godhead when he was tasered. Umm, BTW... is NOBODY going to mention how badass T'challa looks?
It's still hilarous that the god of thunder got electrecuted;).

Aehm...T'challa-who?
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Nutso wrote: Looking at the setting, Iron Man is indoors, in a tight space, plus you have to consider he isn't in kill-mode like he is against Ultrons, aliens, or terrorists. Cap is a friend after all. His fight against Thor was out in the open so he can do his flying, and then Thor's lightning attack increased Iron Man's battery by 400%, and Thor was a stranger who stole from him. In the trailer, he is in a tight space fight against a master assassin with a robot-arm, and a literal super soldier who in that trailer is holding down a helicopter with one arm, and grabbing onto a ledge with the other arm. Winter Soldier and Cap are working in tandem with with that shield as well.
In Iron Man 1 (where he was probably at his strongest imho) he bounced a shell from a Main Battle Tank without flinching! I doubt a fistfight with even a super soldier can compare to that....

I mean it is nothing new, granted...in Iron Man 3 he went through suits like you wouldn't believe.....it just seems that his suits get weaker and weaker with each movie.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Technically not really. Iron Man Mk. 3 suit got pot marked by standard small arms fire. Probably AK-47.

In Iron Man 2 he really didn't take alot of damage with Whiplash in the last fight.

Mk. 42 was a unfinished no weaponized prototype which the 43 was. So it took quite a bit of damage. His other suits did seem weak. But to be honest the Extremis virus did give them strength nearly on par with Thor. In the comics the lone Extremis soldier wrecked Iron Man. In the movie, Iron Man's punch was powerful enough to snap stronger than normal bone.

In the Avengers he took a direct impact to the chest by the lightning that did overcharge him but also left deep cut. Thor was also strong enough to start crushing the gauntlets and strain the strength servo or gears.

In Avengers 2 his Mk. 43 barely took damage. Hulk Buster actually took down the Hulk which none of his comic book counterparts ever did. Mk. 45 also was strong enough to rip though Ultron's partial admantium shell and rip through the weaker versions.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

McAvoy wrote:Technically not really. Iron Man Mk. 3 suit got pot marked by standard small arms fire. Probably AK-47.

In Iron Man 2 he really didn't take alot of damage with Whiplash in the last fight.

Mk. 42 was a unfinished no weaponized prototype which the 43 was. So it took quite a bit of damage. His other suits did seem weak. But to be honest the Extremis virus did give them strength nearly on par with Thor. In the comics the lone Extremis soldier wrecked Iron Man. In the movie, Iron Man's punch was powerful enough to snap stronger than normal bone.

In the Avengers he took a direct impact to the chest by the lightning that did overcharge him but also left deep cut. Thor was also strong enough to start crushing the gauntlets and strain the strength servo or gears.

In Avengers 2 his Mk. 43 barely took damage. Hulk Buster actually took down the Hulk which none of his comic book counterparts ever did. Mk. 45 also was strong enough to rip though Ultron's partial admantium shell and rip through the weaker versions.
And yet he survived this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRCTPq2QEGc

As I said...it seems very inconsistence. I know I know...I shouldn't nitpick such minor things when the rule of cool takes precedent over such minor flaws........somehow I still which they'd be more consistent.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Atekimogus wrote:
Mikey wrote:Yes, I believe Thor was temporarily stripped of his godhead when he was tasered. Umm, BTW... is NOBODY going to mention how badass T'challa looks?
It's still hilarous that the god of thunder got electrecuted;).

Aehm...T'challa-who?
Thor had definitely been stripped of his powers by Odin when he was tasered.

And... T'challa is the real name of comic books character the Black Panther, the ruler of the fictional country of Wakanda.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: And... T'challa is the real name of comic books character the Black Panther, the ruler of the fictional country of Wakanda.
... and the Marvel character who has, apparently, been translated to the screen with an admixture of equal parts epic and whoop-ass.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Atekimogus wrote:
Nutso wrote: Looking at the setting, Iron Man is indoors, in a tight space, plus you have to consider he isn't in kill-mode like he is against Ultrons, aliens, or terrorists. Cap is a friend after all. His fight against Thor was out in the open so he can do his flying, and then Thor's lightning attack increased Iron Man's battery by 400%, and Thor was a stranger who stole from him. In the trailer, he is in a tight space fight against a master assassin with a robot-arm, and a literal super soldier who in that trailer is holding down a helicopter with one arm, and grabbing onto a ledge with the other arm. Winter Soldier and Cap are working in tandem with with that shield as well.
In Iron Man 1 (where he was probably at his strongest imho) he bounced a shell from a Main Battle Tank without flinching! I doubt a fistfight with even a super soldier can compare to that....

I mean it is nothing new, granted...in Iron Man 3 he went through suits like you wouldn't believe.....it just seems that his suits get weaker and weaker with each movie.
Maybe the enemies are getting stronger and stronger. Iron Man 1 he faced the Taliban and the Iron Monger. Iron Man 3, the enemy was fire people with exploding powers.

Regarding the Civil War trailer, who knows what really happening in that fight. Is the suit running out of power thereby slowing down Tony's reaction time? We'll probably have a debate about this when the movie comes out.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Iron Man is definitely weaker than his comic book counterpart. He was always in the top tier but short of the likes of Thor or the Hulk.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:Image
That is an official poster, yes?