Terminator 5 review SPOLIERS

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Terminator 5 review SPOLIERS

Post by McAvoy »

I saw this awhile back.

First off, the CGI on the original Terminator from 1984 is pretty dmaned good. It seems they took the most amount of time recreating the scenes almost scene for scene. They used different actors fthen from the original, probably because of different studios, so they couldn't use the footage from the first movie.

The opening scene where they break in and before that where all of the young Arnold Terminators are stored like on meat racks was prety cool. When old Arnie fights new Arnie it seems that they take turns fighting. One hits the other and then it's the other's turn to hit.

So highly concentrated metal is very effective to T-1000 and T-800. Though this honestly annoys me as people still thinks that acid can burn that quickly.

I am wondering where and why the T-1000 was there.

They did take the time to show what happens to an old Terminator. Like malfunctions and even battle damage such as his knee getting stuck so he had to rebend it. I think the reason why he seems to break down is because of the difficulty of repairing or replacing defective components.

In the end, Pops survives and is thrown into the pool of T-1000 liquid metal. I am wondeirng how much of his original body is still there or did he just take the T-1000 like the T-X did with the exception of the missing arm.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Terminator 5 review SPOLIERS

Post by Teaos »

I think he just used it to repair himself, maybe becoming like the hot blond terminator (I dont know the models)
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Teaos wrote:I think he just used it to repair himself, maybe becoming like the hot blond terminator (I dont know the models)
T-X

Forever to be known as the Terminator who decided she wanted bigger boobs... :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Teaos wrote:I think he just used it to repair himself, maybe becoming like the hot blond terminator (I dont know the models)
T-X

Forever to be known as the Terminator who decided she wanted bigger boobs... :)
You mean the T-XXX?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T3 they tried to put humor in it where they shouldn't have.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"