Avengers 2 Age of Ultron

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Avengers 2 Age of Ultron

Post by Jim »

From Marvel: Strength level - He has been known to overhead press 800 lbs, but had also bench-pressed 1,200 lbs and curled 500 lbs. He is cited as having the strength of 10 men and had himself once stated that he has the strength of half a platoon of fighting men (around 10). The average man is capable of lifting his own body weight, around 180 lbs, so, Captain America could be able to lift ten times that weight. He had been referenced at least twice as having preternatural strength. But it seems to say that 1,200 pounds is his limit. Therefore his strength is beyond human ordinary. Classification in handbook bios reference Steve as peak human. He is often referenced as being a "Super Human", "Super Man", and even being "beyond man".

Master Martial Artist
Master Shieldmanship
Master Tactician and Strategist
Advanced Military Operator
Master Acrobat
Indomitable Will
Professional Sketch Artist
Expert Marksman
Expert Swordsman
Weapons Proficiency
Multi-lingual
Expert Vehicular driver
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah, Cap is quite above 'peak human'. He's still below Thor and Hulk and Tony with his suit, though.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yeah, Cap is quite above 'peak human'. He's still below Thor and Hulk and Tony with his suit, though.
Those 3 are in the "over 100 tons" range.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Normally. Hulk has been stated a few times to be 250 ton range. Though there have been times in the comics where he is in far far above that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote:Normally. Hulk has been stated a few times to be 250 ton range. Though there have been times in the comics where he is in far far above that.
For him, the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. Gets a bit ridiculous for me, admittedly.

One thing I loved?
The Hulkbuster won. I don't think that's happened in the comics!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Normally. Hulk has been stated a few times to be 250 ton range. Though there have been times in the comics where he is in far far above that.
For him, the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets. Gets a bit ridiculous for me, admittedly.

One thing I loved?
The Hulkbuster won. I don't think that's happened in the comics!
I don't think so either.

I was expecting the Hulkbuster to lose and the Hulk is knocked out at the last second.

I like the concept of the Hulkbuster. When the Hulk rips apart the default version so to speak, pieces come over and replaces the lost areas. Original for Iron Man. Also this version is huge. It's not an actual armor suit but a Mech.

Speaking of which, it seems that Iron Man Mk. 43 the one with the inverted colors from Iron Man 3, disappeared after the fight. He dons a new armor. I guess the Mk. 44. I wonder if that fight with the Hulk even though he was inside damaged the armor in someway.

Or maybe the new Mk. 44 was needed as it may be more powerful than the 43.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yeah, Cap is quite above 'peak human'. He's still below Thor and Hulk and Tony with his suit, though.
Hulk smash puny God!

One of the best lines in first Avengers film.

On the topic, even black widow seems to perform over ordinary fighting men though she's not credited with superhuman strength. In the same sense a Bond or Bourne or (favorite character initialed J.B.) is 'just' an athletic human with extraordinary training. Or, in a different universe, Batman. Sometimes realistic peak human capacity just isn't enough for a fictional hero.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who