Thoughts on Ant-Man?

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Thoughts on Ant-Man?

Post by McAvoy »

It's third on my list. Tomorrow I go see Jurassic World. Then maybe Terminator Back to the Future Part Duex.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The review I am seeing for it are pretty average, solid 60/100. 7.1/10, B- stuff.

I'm not going to see it. Mostly because I hate they did Antman over Black Widow.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

That's about how I feel too, Teaos. I'll probably wait for DVD.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

McAvoy wrote:It's third on my list. Tomorrow I go see Jurassic World. Then maybe Terminator Back to the Future Part Duex.
Hint: dinosaurs eats some people; Arnold's character is actually a machine from a different time. :P
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:That's about how I feel too, Teaos. I'll probably wait for DVD.
Eh, I'm not going to be too bothered by what they could have done instead since it appears Ant-Man is a fun movie in it's own right. I'm not expecting Godfather-level reviews but it seems like a silly, enjoyable flick so I'll check it out.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I saw it awhile back. Its not that bad. There is some humor in it.

Though it dives into some pre-Iron Man history, as in what they did before the first movie which pretty much started the whole Marvel Avengers thing.

They did a pretty good job on maiking Micheal Douglas look younger with CGI. That has come along way since the days of X-Men 3.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Saw it this week, Personally it's my favourite non-Iron Man MCU film.
In contrast to Age of Ultron which imo seemed to begrude the fact it was in a shared universe, Ant-man to me feels like the first film really set in this shared universe Marvel has devolped.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
McAvoy wrote:It's third on my list. Tomorrow I go see Jurassic World. Then maybe Terminator Back to the Future Part Duex.
Hint: dinosaurs eats some people; Arnold's character is actually a machine from a different time. :P
Dude, spoiler tags!!!!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...