What reboot/remake would you like to see?

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: What reboot/remake would you like to see?

Post by Jim »

Mikey wrote:
Jim wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:I'd be fascinated to see a new effects version of B5. And a new Buck Rogers series - looooved that show as a kid. And I love your ideas for it, too.
Pre-Hawkman Buck Rogers was good. It got a bit too campy once they went into space.
Hear, hear. They'd just need someone suitable to fill Erin Gray's sparkly spandex pants. But could you imagine Brent Spiner as Tom O'Connor's character?!
Bridget Regan
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Coalition wrote:A basic one could be taking the Babylon 5 episodes and putting modern CGI in place to replace the existing stuff. It holds up fairly well, but it would also allow for any size differences to be eliminated (for example, a White Star's overall length).
I agree with you that if would be nice to have someone Remaster Babylon 5 with modern CGI but I think the cost would be too much for basically fanservice.

You would think there would be a fan project out there that would do it. Modern homemade CGI is better than what Babylon 5 has.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

How's about Battlestar Galactica getting rebooted, along with Buck Rogers and crossing them over? And keeping it in the 70's tone?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:How's about Battlestar Galactica getting rebooted, along with Buck Rogers and crossing them over? And keeping it in the 70's tone?
Unholy gods, man - there's only so much feathered hair that one audience can take!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Jim wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:I'd be fascinated to see a new effects version of B5. And a new Buck Rogers series - looooved that show as a kid. And I love your ideas for it, too.
Pre-Hawkman Buck Rogers was good. It got a bit too campy once they went into space.
Agreed. Give me Deering in tight uniforms and space Princess Ardala in space bikinis, and fighters shooting the crap out of one another and I'm good.

Fun fact. This :

Started out life as a rejected design for the Viper in Battlestar Galactica.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

THis might be the best starfighter in all of sci-fi. It is engines and guns with a place to sit between the two. It's the Ferrari of sci-fi.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

THIS is the best starfighter in sci fi

It's the only one that would actually work!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I do like the Starfury, and the Thunderbolt (dig the A10 nose cannon). I especially like them when they paint them with group emblems. The Buck Rodger Starfighter just reminds me of the supercars of my childhood.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:How's about Battlestar Galactica getting rebooted, along with Buck Rogers and crossing them over? And keeping it in the 70's tone?
Unholy gods, man - there's only so much feathered hair that one audience can take!
We'll only find out how much if we push it to the limit-and beyond!

Wilma Deering thought Buck was a handful? Let's see how she handles Starbuck!